cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drsks1
Level 1

my accountant uses quickbooks. What do I need to view quickbooks file from my accountant. I am not adding transactions or paying. I let my accountant do that.

2 Comments 2
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

my accountant uses quickbooks. What do I need to view quickbooks file from my accountant. I am not adding transactions or paying. I let my accountant do that.

Hi there, @drsks1

Thanks for joining us here in the Community. Allow me to address your QuickBooks file concern so you can get back to business. 

Do you want to view the transactions that were entered by your accountant? If so, you can run through the Audit Trail Report. This provides transaction that happens within your QuickBooks file. It tracks each user's entries, modified, voided, and deleted transactions.

To do that:

1. Click on Reports.
  2. Select on Accountants and Taxes.
  3. Click on Audit Trail.

That should do it!

Please let me know if you're referring to something else. I'll be around to provide further assistance. Wishing you and your business continued success!

Rustler
Level 15

To view any file created in desktop, you need the same year and version of desktop.  If the accountant uses premier, you can view the file in pro, BUT some premier specific fuctions will not show in pro. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us