cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

payroll

I want to print check stubs and pay my employees cash is this possible with quickbooks

1 Comment

Re: payroll

Hello there, @jell.

Yes, you can still record your cash payment to your employees by creating paychecks, then printing the paystub after. I'd be happy to walk you through the steps.

Here's how:

1. From the Employees menu, select the Payroll Center
  2. Click the Pay Employees tab. 
  3. Select from the check types Scheduled or Unscheduled.
  4. Verify the Pay Period Ends date, Check Date and Bank Account.
  5. In the CHECK OPTIONS section, select Print paychecks on check stock to queue paychecks for printing from QuickBooks Desktop.
  6. Mark the name of employee(s) you want to pay and click the Open Paycheck Details to edit employees' paycheck information.
  7. Click Save & Next to go to the next employee, or select Save & Close to go back to the Enter Payroll Information window.
  8. When the checks are ready to be created, select Continue.
  9. Click Create Paychecks.
  10. Click Print Pay Stubs then, click Print. 

However, if you're using direct deposit, you need to remove the direct deposit option first to print the paystub. When you create the paychecks, just click the Open Paycheck Details then uncheck the Use Direct Deposit box. 

I've attached the following article for additional reference when printing paychecks in QuickBooks: Print paychecks.

Please know that I'm just a post away if you have any other questions about printing the paystubs. I'll be happy to help you out.