cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
el paso
Level 1

purchase orders

when entering a Purchase Order the "quantity" column is not highlighted so I can't fill in the amount to order

4 Comments 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

purchase orders

Thanks for visiting us today, @el paso,

It's nice to have you as a member of the Community. I can help you get past the issue with the Quantity column of your purchase orders.

Before anything else, may I know what version of QuickBooks are you using? This will help me provide the most accurate resolution to your concern.

In the meantime, let's start with some basic troubleshooting steps to isolate the problem. If you're using QuickBooks Online, you can temporarily create PO's in a private browser. This platform does not save data in your cache making it a good place to isolate web data issues. Here are some keyboard shortcuts you can try:

• For Chrome, press Ctrl+Shift+N
  • For Internet Explorer or Firefox, press Ctrl+Shift+P.
  • For Safari, hold down Command+Shift+N.

If it works, you can go back to your regular browser then clear your browser's cache to tidy up your data history.

If you're using QuickBooks Desktop, try opening a sample file. I need to know if this is caused by a corrupted component of the software. Here's how:

1. Open QuickBooks.
  2. Go to the File menu and select Close Company.
  3. On the No Company Open box, click the Open a sample file drop-down.
  4. Select the sample business that most closely matches your own.
    blog-img-quickbooks-open-sample-company

If you're not getting the same problem on the test file, let's run the Verify/Rebuild Utility to fix data issues within the program. Here are the steps:

To Verify Data:

1. Go to the File menu.
  2. Tap Utilities then Verify Data.
  3. Click OK on the prompt.

To Rebuild Data:

1. Click the File menu.
  2. Go to Utilities and select Rebuild Data.
  3. Hit OK to back up your company file.
  4. Wait until the Rebuild is complete.
  5. Click View Results.

Please keep me updated on the result by leaving a comment below. Have a wonderful weekend!

Rustler
Level 15

purchase orders

@el paso wrote:

when entering a Purchase Order the "quantity" column is not highlighted so I can't fill in the amount to order

The qty column only works for items, in desktop the item tab, in QBO the item details part

It helps everyone to answer your questions if you provide the type of QB you are using too.

el paso
Level 1

purchase orders

Thank you for your reply, see the following please:

I am using:

Desktop 2018 PRO

I followed each of your instructions and each "check" came back as no problems, data restored, etc., etc..  

I set up a sample company and there is NO PROBLEM with the PO Qty column, works perfectly.

Here is an example of my problem:

I set up the items I was purchasing in the ITEMS portion of QB.  The items I'm trying to purchase include both "'FIXED ASSETS" that will be depreciated (this is a new business) as well as "EXPENSES" that are written off immediately.  For example I am buying parts of my capital assets (furniture/fixtures)  via a PO as well as office copy paper all from the same vendor.  Neither of these allow the PO Qty column to highlight.

I'm still open to suggestions and really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Bill in El Paso

Rustler
Level 15

purchase orders

@el paso 

Bring up a PO. click the formatting tab, click customize data layout, on the left side of that window click columns

check to see that the qty field is check marked for screen and print

I used to live in ELP some years ago, NE side

Need to get in touch?

Contact us