cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

"Ending Balance on "write check" screen does not match ending balance on "register"

On the "Write check" screen under "Banking" where you go write a check, the "Ending Balance" dollar amount is different from the correct amount on my "register screen" 

I've reconciled the account correctly and then unreconciled it to see if that helped. I'm certain that the register is correct (it matches my bank statement) but can't figure out why the "Ending balance" is off to save my life. Can someone help? Thanks

Best answer 03-13-2019 07:34 AM

Accepted Solutions
Established Community Backer ***

Re: "Ending Balance on "write check" screen does not match ending balance on "register"

Have you tried Rebuilding the Database?  (File; Utilities; Rebuild Data)

And do you show the correct balance in the Chart of Accounts or does it show the balance that is in the Write Check window? 

3 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: "Ending Balance on "write check" screen does not match ending balance on "register"

Have you tried Rebuilding the Database?  (File; Utilities; Rebuild Data)

And do you show the correct balance in the Chart of Accounts or does it show the balance that is in the Write Check window? 

Experienced Member

WOW, Thanks PeteMc!!, I had no idea where to start and rebuilding the database was what I needed and was easy. Much Appreciated, Namaste!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it worked!  Sometimes the Database can get pretty wacky.