cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

rebuild data couldnt fix 942 errors. how do i get rid of these

three of the errors.  the first was reconciled years ago.

Target Chaining: Next target pointer error in transaction 943746, on target 7839795 (points to target 0)
Details: Type: bill, Bill: Txn # 47385 on 02/03/2016, doc#:'IV1071334', PO#:'', last edited by '', Source , accnt: Accounts Payable , $: -9,277.13 , Vendor name: Auveco Products

Target Chaining: Next target pointer error in transaction 10785579, on target 10807263 (points to target 0)
Details: Type: bill, Bill: Txn # 161074 on 02/04/2019, doc#:'', PO#:'', last edited by '', Source , accnt: Freight In COG , $: 39.39

Target Chaining: Next target pointer error in transaction 10785100, on target 10807256 (points to target 0)
Details: Type: bill, Bill: Txn # 161029 on 02/04/2019, doc#:'', PO#:'', last edited by '', Source , accnt: RAW Inventory , $: 10.60 , item: FB_Item

1 Comment

Re: rebuild data couldnt fix 942 errors. how do i get rid of these

Great job for trying to rebuild your QuickBooks data, cliplizard1.

I can help you fix the errors.

There are corrupted transactions that are causing these errors. To resolve these, you'll have to manually fix the damaged transactions. First, though, they need to be located: 47385, 161074, etc. You can try using the search box in QuickBooks. Hit F3 in your keyboard, enter their transaction numbers then press Enter.

Here's how to fix them:

• Damaged transaction link or date
    1. Open the transaction specified in the QBWIN.log.
    2. Change transaction date 20 years into the future (i.e. 1/6/2018 to 1/6/2038).
    3. Click Save & Close.
  • Transaction out of balance
  1. Open the transaction specified in the QBWIN.log.
  2. Go to the bottom of the items on the transactions.
  3. Add any item then Save & Close.
  4. Re-open the edited transaction and remove the added item.
  5. Click Save & Close.

Check out this article for the detailed steps: Verify Target - Invalid Open Balance.

If you’re having difficulty locating the damaged transactions, I’d encourage you to give us a quick call so our phone agents can assist you in resolving this.

Here's how to reach us:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact
  2. If asked, choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.​​

Following these steps should get you back in line. Please keep me posted and reach out to me if follow-up questions. I'd be happy to help. Have a lovely day!