cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

reconcilitation error

My credit card statement lists the total amount of purchases for the month. The 56 individual purchases add up to the same amount. The identical 56 purchases are listed in my QB credit card account. After reconciling, the QB total of purchases is $30 less than the sum of all the purchases.

The beginning and ending balances in QB are identical with the credit card statement. The credits match on the statement and on the reconciliation. There are no cash advances, tees or interest on the statement.

It seems unlikely, but it looks like QB is making an error in addition.

Any suggestions on where I might find the error?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: reconcilitation error

Hello there, @sustew,

You can close the reconciliation page without saving it. Then, open a new private browser and start over the process. This it to make QuickBooks recalculate the amount of the purchases.

Here's how you can execute this in all supported browsers:

• CTRL + SHIFT + N (Google Chrome Safari)
  • CTRL + SHIFT + P (Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer).

When that works, you can clear and internet files on the regular browser to rule out browser-related issues

If you've already saved the reconciliation, I recommend consulting your accountant. He/she has the tool to undo this process for you.

I've also added this article for your guidance in reconciling your bank accounts in QuickBooks Desktop:

Let me know if you have follow-up questions by leaving a comment below and I'd be glad to help. Thank you for posting here in the Intuit Community. Have a great day ahead.

Established Member

Thanks, MaryLandT. I just want to check before I attempt the process you explained. I am using a desktop version of QuickBooks. I don't understand what I need to clear from Google Chrome. I am regularly able to reconcile without opening a browser.

Sustew

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, sustew.

Thanks for clarifying things out. I want to make sure we're able to fix this reconciliation issue.

Since you're using QuickBooks Desktop, you don't need to perform those browser related troubleshooting steps.

There are variety of reports available that will help you identify reconciliation discrepancies in QuickBooks Desktop. You can run the Reconciliation Discrepancy Report. This report shows transactions sorted by statement date that were changed since the last reconciliation.

Here's how:

1. From the Reports menu.
  2. Select Banking.
  3. Click Reconciliation Discrepancy.
  4. Choose the appropriate account, then select OK.
  5. Review the report to identify any discrepancies.

You can refer to this article to learn more about fixing reconciliation discrepancies in QuickBooks Desktop.

If you're still unable to balance everything, we recommend that you work with your accountant to locate the error.

Please let me know how these steps works for you. I'm always around in the Community if there's anything else you need.