cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

retrieving data from checks already in QB

I recently switched to the 2019 QuickBooks and am having problems with the screen freezing in the payroll center and being unable to retrieve check data. I did not have these issues in the older version.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: retrieving data from checks already in QB

Hello @kmidd,

Currently, we have an on-going issue where users like you experience freezing screen when accessing your employee list and payroll.

Rest assured our engineering team is in all hands in working on a permanent fix for this so that you'll be able to access your payroll center again with no issues.

In the meantime, you have the option to export and then import again your employee's list as an IIF file. This way, it'll stop the screen freezing when accessing your payroll center again.

In addition, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Support so you'll be added to the list of affected users. Once added, you'll receive all new updates about this issue through your email.

Thus said, here's how you can contact our dedicated team:

1. Go to Help.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. Click Contact us.

Lastly, you can also read these articles which can be your guide for any future payroll tasks: QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Year End Checklist.

It'll be always my pleasure to help if you have any other questions. I'll be keeping an eye for your response.