cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Explorer *

set default deposit to group with undeposited funds

How do I set the radio button on all receipts to group with undeposited funds?

Right now all payments default to deposit receipts individually to undeposited funds account.  I manually have to change that for each receipt I receive so I can group my receipts for a bank deposit for multiple receipts. Thank you.

4 Comments

Re: set default deposit to group with undeposited funds

Glad to have you back, @Susan607.

You've got me here to help share some insights about setting the group with other undeposited funds as default account on your sales receipts.

At this time, being able to set a group with other undeposited funds as the default account on your sales receipts at this time isn't a possibility. This is because QuickBooks will follow the last option that you select on your sales receipt.

However, our developers are constantly working to meet our customer's needs and demands. I'd encourage you to visit the What's New section on your QuickBooks to keep updated with our latest news and updates including product improvements.

Also, here are some links that you can check out about Undeposited Funds and Deposits in QuickBooks for your future reference: 

This should get you moving today.

Please know that I got you covered should you need anything else about this concern or any QuickBooks related things. Just let me know by leaving a reply below. Have a pleasant day ahead!

Senior Explorer *

Hello, BettyJaneB,

I import all of my invoices and receipts so QB does not have a "last option" to follow.  This is a real pain since I have to go into each transaction in the undeposited funds account and open them and change it to the group with undeposited funds.  As my imports increase in number these become a bigger and bigger deal.  I don't know why there is not a way to set this in a preferences list.  For that matter, the same thing with template defaults.  These are huge repetitive changes that need to be done on every invoice and every receipt.  Please try to see about having these issues get resolved.  Thank you, -Susan
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to us, @Susan607.

I appreciate adding more details about the issue. I want to ensure the imported data are automatically grouped to the Undeposited Funds account. 

The way transactions are posted in QuickBooks would depend on how they are mapped on the spreadsheet or the. IFF file type. Since these are imported sales receipts and invoices, we’ll have to check how they are entered on the file.

We don’t want your personal details displayed here in the Community for security purposes. I suggest contacting our Technical Support Team since they can collect personal details and view the account in a secure environment.

They have tools like screen-sharing that can help double check why transactions are not automatically grouped to the Undeposited Funds account.

1. In your browser, enter this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select QuickBooks Mac for Desktop.
  3. Click on the Search for something else tab.
  4. Enter the issue/topic in the field box, then choose the Search button.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the contact details.

For additional resources, I'm adding a link to view the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019 User’s Guide.  

This should help you get on the right track. Let me know how it goes after contacting them. I want to make sure you’re all set with this concern.

Senior Explorer *

thank you.  I will do that and let you know how it goes.  Much appreciate your help with this.