cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **

Can bills with deduction cost reduced be removed from unpaid bills list? we enter a bill and pay it by check. we pay bills. Bills are not removed from unpaid bills list?

We record a vendor bill issued. Second line on the invoice is a reduction on the bill. We pay the net bill amount by using pay bills. The bill is removed from AP list as a result of payment by using print check. The bill is NOT removed from the unpaid bills list. This happens on all bills that have a debit adjustment. UNPAID BILLS have a long list of bills like this that are not on the AP list, and keeps accumulating. how can they be removed form the unpaid list an what can we do to prevent this from happening in the future?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Can bills with deduction cost reduced be removed from unpaid bills list? we enter a bill and ...

Hello!

I looked at your business's website and it looks like you all are doing some interesting work! Thanks for choosing QuickBooks to be a part of your journey. Smiley Happy

I know having bills that you've already paid appearing in your unpaid bills report can cause some confusion when it comes to managing your books. I'll do what I can to help you resolve this.

I have a troubleshooting step you can try, but ultimately, taking a closer look at how you've set up your bills and the items on it will make a difference in figuring out why this is happening. I've tried a few different things in my own test file, but I'm not able to replicate what you're describing. Searching your business name in my system, I see you've already called in about this today and the agent gave you a self-help article. I have a feeling you went with that option because of the associated support fees, but being able to see what you're seeing will make a difference in this case.

The first thing I want to rule out is potential data damage that may be causing this error. The community Resolve data damage on your company file article can help you with finding and resolving any data damage there might be.

For your reference, here are a few more articles that may help you figure this out on your own.

Learn more about vendor discounts and more by going to the Help menu in the top toolbar and choosing QuickBooks Desktop Help (hitting the F1 key on your keyboard is a shortcut that'll also get you there). Click the Help tab and then press Search to bring up the search bar. You can use keywords such as "vendor discount" to find related information.

If you're still having trouble, please give us a call back at 1-877-772-9158. From your account profile, it looks like you're using Premier, so support is available at your convenience as the line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Once we see what's happening, our agents will be able to help you get back on track.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Community Explorer **

Re: Can bills with deduction cost reduced be removed from unpaid bills list? we enter a bill and ...

Hi Laura,

How is it possible to get somebody to look along in to our quickbooks to see what is going wrong? It would be without cost for us right? I am not able to figure it out. It must be an error. 

QuickBooks Team

Our phone support teams are the ones who can take a look at your company file and there would be a support cost involved. An agent can explain the support cost options in more detail, but, briefly, the options are either a $99.99, one-time fee, a $28 a month fee, or a $300 support package for the entire year. The article I linked in my original response can also provide a few more details about support as well. I know how vital it is to have things working correctly in the program, so I want to make sure you're able to have this looked at and resolved.