cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Going from SAGE50 to Quickbooks

Hi!

Can anyone tell me what's the best way to go from SAGE50 to Quickbooks Canadian Editions?

Thanks,

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Going from SAGE50 to Quickbooks

Hi SamyBoyz,

Thanks for your interest in QuickBooks! We'd love to have you as a part of our family.

Converting from Sage to QuickBooks Desktop is possible through exporting your data out of Sage and importing it into QuickBooks Desktop. There isn't a particular function that will allow you to do it all at once, but I've got articles that can help you once you have the files to import into QuickBooks Desktop. I'll also give you a couple links link to choose your QuickBooks Desktop subscription.

There are three versions of QuickBooks Desktop: Pro, Premier, and Enterprise.

To learn about other subscription and purchase options and find the best fit for you, get in touch with our sales team at 1-888-829-8589 from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST.

Here are articles that go over the import options for QuickBooks Desktop.

Our tech support team can help if you need an extra hand importing your files. Reach out to them at 1-877-772-9158. Pro and Premier support agents are available 24 hours a day. Enterprise agents can be reached from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST. Click the following link to learn about Desktop support policies.

Hope to see you soon!

Super Contributor ***

Re: Going from SAGE50 to Quickbooks

I did this two years ago and there really is no easy way, as the two programs differ so greatly.  I simply picked my starting date, for example Jan. 1.  I printed my Trial Balance from Sage up to Dec 31.  I then manually entered the TB into Quickbooks, using Quickbook's built-in Opening Balance Equity account.

The exceptions are the A/R and the A/P, which you must enter each transaction (still using Opening Balance Equity account), so that you have correct detail in QB for the ledgers.

Once I had the TB entered and balanced to Dec 31, I then entered everything as I normally would into QB, on a daily basis.

There are certain lists you can import into Quickbooks using an *.IIF file format and there are help files indicating exactly how that should be done.  So if you can export any of your lists, ie Customer, Vendor, Employee, etc. from SAGE50 and import to QB, that would save you some time.  Good luck!