cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Payee Name on Cheques

I can't get the Payee name to print out on my cheques.

My cheques begin with: Pay to the Order of: ____________

All the info shows on my screen, but then the Vendor's name doesn't print out.  Everything else prints perfectly.

I've already ensured that the Vendor profile is set up properly under 'Payment Settings', and 'Print Name on Cheque As'.

Help!

7 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Payee Name on Cheques

Hello Lisa, 

I want to make sure you're able to properly print your cheques to show all the necessary information. The vendor name is certainly an important component. I'll point you in the right direction to get to the bottom of this. 

Check out this helpful Community article regarding how to resolve printing issues in QuickBooks Desktop: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Resolve-printing-issues/m-p/262493.

If you're still running into trouble, I recommend that you give our Desktop phone support a call at 877-772-9158. The agents are available 24/7 so that they can help you whenever it's convenient for you. They'll be able to share your screen and see where the problem lies. 

Let me know if you have questions and I'd be happy to help. 

Cheers!

Experienced Member

Hi AddieB,

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, the article on printing problems that you sent does not help me.  My printer is working just fine.  Only the Payee Name is not printing.  All of the other info is printing on the cheques properly.
I have called the support line already.  After an hour on the phone, she was not able to resolve my problem :-(.
Thanks anyways,
Lisa
QuickBooks Team

We appreciate you taking a look at the article, Lisa. It's also good to hear that you've been in touch with our phone support team. I encourage you to call back since you're still having the issue or it may even be worth getting in touch with your printer company's support team to see if they've heard of issue with partial information printing, perhaps even in relation to QuickBooks Desktop. I want to make sure you're able to find a resolution to this so you can print your cheques as needed.

Experienced Member

Ok, will do.  Was just hoping that someone else had solved this problem, before I get back on the phone...

QuickBooks Team

Don't give up hope. There may be someone out there who knows that hasn't yet had the opportunity to comment. Many here in community have great insight into these kinds of things and have gone through them, too. It's a wonderful network of support and backing each other, which is one of the best things about our QuickBooks family! We're here to help each other. Smiley Happy

NC3

Did you get this resolved?

Super Contributor ***

Ever since the new CPA cheque standards came out a few years ago, Quickbooks cheques no longer print "Pay to the order of" in one line.

Rather there is a line where the amounts are indicated next to a pre-printed PAY, and then the payees name and address are all in one block next to TO THE ORDER OF.  At least that is the way they should be and will be if you are ordering from Intuit, David & Henderson, or any other approved laser cheque vendor in Canada.

The block next to TO THE ORDER OF is pulling directly from the vendor record.  There are only two places the Vendor name is pulling from for printing cheques; 1) the name in the first line of your Billed From in 'Address Details' in the vendor record, and 2) the name entered into 'Print Name on Cheque As'.

Billed From Vendor name.PNG

and 2.

Print Name on Cheque As.PNG

Cheque prints as follows with the caveats noted underneath:

QB Cheque Payment 1.png

If the names in those two places are typed in differently in any manner, the cheques print as following:

QB Cheque Payment 2.png

The bottom line is this:

1. If Billed From name is populated and Print Name on Cheque As is not, Billed From name will print above address block.

2.  If Billed From name is blank and Print Name on Cheque As is not, Print Name on Cheque As will print above address block.

3.  If Billed From name is populated and typed one way and Print Name on Cheque As is populated another way, BOTH names will print, with the Print Name on Cheque As name above the Billed From name.

Print Name on Cheque As name ALWAYS has top spot.  So if you don't want your cheques to print with two different versions of a vendor name always make sure that:

1.  Only one of those fields is populated or

2.  Both fields are populated identically

OR

if there is a reason why it would be important to have two lines for the Vendor name, i.e. 12345678 Numbered Company Inc. DBA XYZ Company, then make use of both areas.