cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Add a private memo to an invoice

Is there a way to add a private note to an invoice? I know this can be done on individual customers but in my case I need detailed ongoing notes on invoices that are subject to collection activities.

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Add a private memo to an invoice

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community, @safricks

Yes, you're correct with adding notes on each customer. 

Since you'll need to create private notes on the invoices, you can use the Memo field at the bottom of the transaction. Please see the screenshot below to serve as your visual guide. 

I'm also adding this helpful PDF guide to learn more about the processes in the program: QuickBooks for Mac 2019 User's Guide

The option above will help you create detailed notes that are subject to collection activities, @safricks

Please feel free to click the Reply (green) button if you need further help. Have an awesome day!

Experienced Member

Thank you @RaymondJayO, unfortunately, the memo field doesn't appear on my Quickbooks for Mac invoices (see attached screenshot) nor on my Quickbooks online invoices. Any other suggestions?

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for the screenshot you've provided, safricks.

Adding a private note to your invoice is unavailable in QuickBooks Online. I will let our developer know that you'd like the private note field on your invoices.

Don't hesitate to post again for your other concerns. Take care always!

Established Community Backer ***

@AdrianRose_A wrote:

I will let our developer know that you'd like the private note field on your invoices.

Also mention the other approximate 500+ requests for this feature that were on the requests website,  until all 60,000+ requests were deleted last month