cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Additional spacing between line items in template in Premier or Enterprise?

I have a client using Desktop Pro that is wanting to have all invoices double-spaced between each line item.  I feel I have exhausted all topics and everywhere in the template designer but do not see any way to do this other than manually entering a blank line between each line item on the invoice or manually entering a space at the end of their description.   They import their line items via T-Sheets and performing either of these manual steps would be very time consuming for the number of invoices that are generated.

Is there any way in Premier or Enterprise to set the format of the line items on the printed invoice to automatically include additional spacing after each line item?

Thanks!

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Additional spacing between line items in template in Premier or Enterprise?

Hi there, @jdiedrich.

Thank you for posting in the Community. I appreciate you taking the time to search for available articles that'll help you with your template design in QuickBooks.

Let me help share some information about the template. At this time, we cannot add spacing between line items in any templates available. I can understand that it's a lot of work to manually add a spacing per line item especially if you have many items in the transaction. 

Having the option to do so, is a great add on in customizing the template form in QuickBooks. I'll make sure to send a product suggestion to our Product Development Team. I'd also encourage sending your feedback to them.

Here's how:

1. Go to Help menu.
  2. Select Send Feedback Online and click Product Suggestion.

Keep me posted if you have other questions about your invoice template. I'm here to help however I can.

BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Additional spacing between line items in template in Premier or Enterprise?

There is a way to do it, though I'm not sure if it will work with your import process. If it uses the item descriptions from QB, then it should work.

To get the effect you want, edit your items on the items list and add a carriage return to the end of the item Description / Sales Description.

Then when you use the item on a sales form it will appear to have a trailing empty row between line items.