cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Anyone else having trouble paying Q4 taxes?

I've been trying for 3 days to pay my Q4 taxes and each time it fails to submit with the error message. Oops Somethings up! An error occurred please try again.

Is this related to the Government shutdown or what?

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Anyone else having trouble paying Q4 taxes?

Hi there, @desi778.

Thank you for letting us know what's happening when you pay your Q4 taxes. I can help you get past the error message to accomplish your goal.

A webpage issue may cause the error message that prevented you from paying the taxes. Let's try using a private browser or incognito window to determine if it's a browser related problem.

You can refer to the following keyboard shortcuts:

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N 
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: press Command + Shift + N

Now, try paying the taxes again. If this works, switch back to the regular browser, and clear the browser cache and temporary Internet files to start fresh. 

That should get you on the right track, desi778.

Leave me a comment below if you have other concerns about your QBSE account. I'm still here whenever you need further help.

Experienced Member

Thanks for the response, but it still won't go through...

i've tried chrome/internet explorer/opera both regular and private. i restarted the PC and tried all of the previous. I tried Safari on my iphone and each time I receive that same message... i then downloaded the app and all I could view was 2019 taxes...

Experienced Member

Same issue, even tried on iphone... all with OOPS error message...

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, desi778.

There are several reports about this error when paying the taxes for the 4th quarter. Our engineers are already taking a look at this to resolve this as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, you can pay your estimated taxes in the EFTPS website while this issue is being worked on. Here's the link: https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/.

Also, please reach out to our email support team for us to get your contact information. We will send you an email as soon as the issue is resolved. Here's how:

1. Please login to your QuickBooks Self-Employed account.
  2. Go to Help at the top right of any page.
  3. Select Contact Us, then fill in the Ask a question field.
  4. Choose Chat and fill out the requested details, then click Chat Now.

We appreciate your patience while we're working on this one.