Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **
Solved

Bill paid by Direct Debit

Hello,

I'm new in this community. There is something that i need to understand better.

I have  a bill with the total amount due that will be paid monthly for 24 months by direct debit.

How can I register it? Do i have to set up "recurring transactions" like a bill and pay the bill by myself every time? Or do i have to set it up recurring like an expense with direct debit payment method? I hope to be exhaustive! Thank you!

Best answer 05-16-2019

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Bill paid by Direct Debit

Welcome to the Intuit Community, @SimoBix.

It's my pleasure to help you today.

You can set up recurring transactions for your expenses that are the same every month. However, this won't take any funds from the actual account. 

Since you're using a direct debit, I suggest paying your bills via Online Bill Pay in QBO. 

If you want to sign up for Online Bill Pay, you can read through this article: Sign up for Online Bill Pay.

Should you need assistance, please let me know and I'd be glad to lend a hand.

2 Comments

I believe you should raise your Invoice for the full amount, and push the due date out as far as you can to keep the invoice from showing as overdue. Then as you receive payments by DD monthly or whenever they come into your QB accounts, just add the inpayment as a payment received. That will leave the balance remaining carried forward until your next payment is due. If the due date is before you have received the balance outstanding, should be able to push it out again.

Hope this helps.

QuickBooks Team

Welcome to the Intuit Community, @SimoBix.

It's my pleasure to help you today.

You can set up recurring transactions for your expenses that are the same every month. However, this won't take any funds from the actual account. 

Since you're using a direct debit, I suggest paying your bills via Online Bill Pay in QBO. 

If you want to sign up for Online Bill Pay, you can read through this article: Sign up for Online Bill Pay.

Should you need assistance, please let me know and I'd be glad to lend a hand.