cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Solved

CREDIT MEMO FROM MY VENDOR TO ME

Your help tab is no help!

I have a credit memo to me from my vendor.  What do I do so that when I pay one or their next bills to me, I can then apply it and use it?

Best answer 04-22-2019 09:03 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: CREDIT MEMO FROM MY VENDOR TO ME

Hi @UNDERDOG2853,

Vendor credits are recorded when you receive refunds from your vendor.  It'll be my pleasure to help you record and apply your vendor credit to your vendor balance.

Vendor credits can be used to pay to next bills. But before applying the vendor credit, you'll first need to enter it in QuickBooks. Here's how:

1. Click on the Plus (+) icon, choose Vendor Credit.
  2. Enter the vendor name.
  3. Enter the necessary information.
  4. Click on Save and Close.

Once done, you can now apply the vendor credit to your bill. You may follow these steps:

1. Click on the Plus (+) icon, choose Expense or Check.
  3. On the Add to Check/Expense section, select Add on the outstanding bill and vendor credit.

I've attached an article that you may read in your free time: Manage Vendor Credits.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other concerns. I'll be around to help.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hi @UNDERDOG2853,

Vendor credits are recorded when you receive refunds from your vendor.  It'll be my pleasure to help you record and apply your vendor credit to your vendor balance.

Vendor credits can be used to pay to next bills. But before applying the vendor credit, you'll first need to enter it in QuickBooks. Here's how:

1. Click on the Plus (+) icon, choose Vendor Credit.
  3. Enter the necessary information.

Once done, you can now apply the vendor credit to your bill. You may follow these steps:

1. Click on the Plus (+) icon, choose Expense or Check.
  3. On the Add to Check/Expense section, select Add on the outstanding bill and vendor credit.

I've attached an article that you may read in your free time: Manage Vendor Credits.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other concerns. I'll be around to help.

That was simple enough. 

For some reason, when I saw vendor credit, my thought was that's not it, I'm not giving the vendor a credit, I am getting one from the vendor!

Chalk it up to being Monday!

THANK YOU! Smiley Happy

That was simple enough. 

For some reason, when I saw vendor credit, my thought was that's not it, I'm not giving the vendor a credit, I am getting one from the vendor!

Chalk it up to being Monday!