cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TTI
Community Contributor **
Solved

Can a customer pay a statement by credit card or bank transfer?

I read this thread: https://community.intuit.com/questions/1780816-how-do-i-send-out-cc-payment-with-a-statement-with-th... but the answer doesn't really answer the question. Can a STATEMENT have a "pay" button/link attached to it so a customer can click and pay the entire statement? (Or can a payment link be sued to pay ONLY invoices?) We already use credit cards and bank transfer. I just don't know if a payment option that be applied to a statement. Can it?

Best answer 05-17-2019 01:35 PM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Can a customer pay a statement by credit card or bank transfer?

Hello TTI,

The "Pay Now" option is only available for invoices transaction. Applying it to statement is unavailable.

As a workaround, you can enter the account summary details under the Customer Message of the invoice. This way, your customer will be able to see their total amount due.

Let me walk you through how:

1. On your Home Page, click Create Invoices.
  2. Enter the current invoice details.
  3. Scroll down to the Customer Message section, then type in the customer account details (open balance, payments/credits, and customer total balance).
  4. Click Save.

Adding these account details to the body of the email can be an option, too.

This article will help you for your future reference: Add and match Bank Feed transactions.

Reach out to us anytime if you have additional questions. We're always here for you.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Can a customer pay a statement by credit card or bank transfer?

Hello TTI,

The "Pay Now" option is only available for invoices transaction. Applying it to statement is unavailable.

As a workaround, you can enter the account summary details under the Customer Message of the invoice. This way, your customer will be able to see their total amount due.

Let me walk you through how:

1. On your Home Page, click Create Invoices.
  2. Enter the current invoice details.
  3. Scroll down to the Customer Message section, then type in the customer account details (open balance, payments/credits, and customer total balance).
  4. Click Save.

Adding these account details to the body of the email can be an option, too.

This article will help you for your future reference: Add and match Bank Feed transactions.

Reach out to us anytime if you have additional questions. We're always here for you.