cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Can't preview and confirm my custom invoice form

Hello, 

I am trying to upload a custom invoice form. Everything works fine until I get to the "preview and confirm your style" page. Instead of showing me a preview, there is only a big gray box (no confirm button, either). A document called "print" tries to download. This document, however, cannot be opened using Adobe, Word, Notepad, Internet Explorer, etc. I think I tried opening it with every application that my computer suggested. Nothing worked. So, I am stuck unable to see or confirm my custom invoice. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

2 Comments

Re: Can't preview and confirm my custom invoice form

Hello there, @amylee.

Thank you for taking the time posting in the Community. I'd be happy to help share some ways to preview your custom invoice successfully.  

It's possible the angle brackets applied in the wrong place. To isolate this unexpected behavior, locate and check your DOCX template to reduce fields marked with brackets until Preview succeeds and then add them back in one at a time.

Then, let's make sure to map all line item information inside table fields in your DOCX file. To learn more about table fields, scroll down and look for the Make template mapping pain-free with EZ Map Fields drop-down of this article: Import custom form styles for invoices or estimates.

If you get the same result, let's refresh your QuickBooks Online by closing and reopening the program. You can also switch to an Incognito Window to check if it works there. If you got it to work, then you'll need to switch back to your regular browser and clear its cache. The steps are provided in this article: How do I clear the temporary Internet files and cache?.

Feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Support for additional help. They can use the screen share tool to upload a custom invoice form quickly.

Keep me posted on how things go or if you have follow-up questions. I’ll be happy to help you further. Have a nice day!

ProAdvisor

Re: Can't preview and confirm my custom invoice form

too many complaints...read this...

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/Importing-Custom-Invoice-Templates-in...

When Inuit QuickBooks tells you:

"Rest assured, our engineers are all hands in working for a fix."

It means just go away, don't bother us...we will never give timeline...we will fix whenever we want...