cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lk6

Can you get the entire memo field to show on the Transaction Detail Report by Account?

When I look on the trial balance report and look at the transaction detail by account report they are not the same. Not everything is on the transaction report. How do I get everything on it?

Thanks

Linda

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Can you get the entire memo field to show on the Transaction Detail Report by Account?

Good day, Linda.

Thanks for joining the Community. Let's work together to compare both reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

It could be that you chose different accounting methods. That's why your Transaction Detail Report doesn't match the Trial Balance. Let's ensure you choose either Accrual or Cash basis when running both reports, set the same date range, and make sure there are no filters applied to it.

Please know that the Trial Balance report shows you all account balances in a concise format. While the Transaction Detail by Account report lists individual transactions with subtotals for each account. 

I've attached a screenshot below, so you'll know what I'm referring to.

Desktop.PNG

On the other hand, the Memo field has character limitations when running the report. You'll have to click each transaction to see the entire memo.

I'm attaching some reports that you may find helpful:

That should do it. Leave a message below if you have further questions. I'll get them answered for you. Have a great day.

BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Can you get the entire memo field to show on the Transaction Detail Report by Account?

No, you can't.  QB will include only 99 characters of the Memo in reports.