cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Connecting a GoPay to Partial open invoice in QBO

I have a client who uses QBO Essential and QB GoPay.  She uses the GoPay app (so what she sees is somewhat blind to me).  She often has clients pay 50% up front, 50% after the product is complete.

When she uses the GoPay app to collect the second 50%, she's creating a new sales receipt on the QBO side.  This is actually creating a duplicate invoice, as she really means to close out the second 50% payment that is showing as open.

Is it possible to attach the 50% payment from the GoPay app to the open invoice amount?  If so, what steps is she to take to attach it this way?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Connecting a GoPay to Partial open invoice in QBO

Glad to see you here in the Community, eryheneke.

Let me help you attach the payment from GoPayment app in QuickBooks Online.

You can link the payments from GoPayment app to the open invoices in QuickBooks Online, as an initial step, let's import your GoPayment transactions.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Gear icon at the top.
  2. Click Import GoPayment.
  3. Select the payment you want to record from the list of available mobile payments transactions appears
  4. Choose whether you want to record the payment as a Receive Payment.
  5. Choose the customer you’d like to record the payment.
  6. Click Save & Continue or Save & Done.

You can get more details in this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Apps/Record-GoPayment-transactions/m-p/185883.

If you'd like to go through this over the phone, you can call our dedicated team who will be happy to assist you. To reach us, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Company.
  2. Click (?) Help at the upper right corner.
  3. At the bottom, click on Contact us.
  4. Type in your concern then hit Continue.

Drop me a reply if you still need help with attaching payments from GoPayments. I'd be happy to help.