cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Create Report of Customers' Last Invoice Date

Hello,

I would like to create a report with 2 columns:  Customer Name and Last (Most Recent) Invoice Date.  This would allow me to see the last time customers made a purchase.   How would I do this?

Thank you

4 Comments
BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Create Report of Customers' Last Invoice Date

There isn't a way to do this within QB using the built in reports.

Experienced Member

Think there's a way to create it with a custom report?

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for getting back to us, @DrBarry,

You can either create a custom report or pull up your Transaction List by Customer report to show all your invoices. Let me guide you how

Creating a custom Transaction Detail report is similar to customizing your Transaction List by Customer report. You can create your custom report by following these steps:

1. Click on Reports from the menu bar.
  2. Hover your mouse on Custom Reports, then choose Transaction Detail.
  3. Click on Customize Report.
  4. In the Columns box, deselect all column except the Type, Date, Name, and Amount.
  5. Click on the Filter tab.
  6. Click on Transaction Type from the Choose Filter box.
  7. Select Invoices from the drop-down.
  8. Click on OK.

The Transaction List by Customer report is a built-in report in QuickBooks. This shows all your transactions which are already sorted by customer. All you need to do is to customize and filter it to only show the invoices and the invoice date.

Here's how you can pull up the report:

1. From the Reports tab, hover your mouse on Customers & Receivables, then choose Transaction List by Customer.
  2. Click on Customize Report.
  3. In the Columns box, deselect all column except the Type, Date, Name, and Amount.
  4. Click on the Filter icon.
  5. Click on Transaction Type from the Choose Filter box.
  6. Select Invoices from the drop-down.
  7. Click on OK.

You can also click on Memorize to save the report in your Memorized Reports.

Don't hesitate to tag me in your comment if you have any other concerns. I'll be around to help.

BRC
Established Community Backer ***

RE: Think there's a way to create it with a custom report?

No, I don't think so.  QB doesn't make things like "first sale" or "last sale" or similar available for list reports.  It's a relatively common request.

You could do something like this in Excel by sending a custom Transaction Detail report that includes only all of the types of transactions you consider a sale to Excel.

Then create a pivot report with the Name field as rows and the date field as a second level data row.  Modify that field in the pivot report to show "Max".