cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Credit card processing fee

"I would like to have my fees and rates reviewed. I have been contacted by a bank with less fees. We are currently are paying ...3.16%

1 Comment
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Credit card processing fee

Nobody here can access your account. That being said, here are the published rates. https://quickbooks.intuit.com/payments/legal/TOC102017/standard-pricing-schedule-sep2017/ there is no 3.16% rate. You are paying possibly 2.9 plus the 25 cents (for customers paying emailed invoices) or 2.4% for card present swiped/dipped or you are on the monthly plan and factoring in the $20/month maintenance charge. You have to compare the actual %/transaction by type as well as add in any per transaction fee and any monthly non-transactional fee to perform your own comparison.

If you want Intuit to review they will figure out a sales pitch that shows you already pay less than quoted by the bank, lol. But do shop around. Square, for example, for swiped/dipped card present transactions is a flat 2.75% with no added fees although keyed entries are 3.5% plus $.15 both higher than QuickBooks