cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer **
Solved

Credit cards

I am new to accepting credit cards in Quickbooks. In the Merchant Services Deposit it shows the following screenshot. Do I record the card batch (credit card charge-paying invoice) and the fee batch?

screenshot.jpg

Best answer 03-01-2019 07:41 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Credit cards

Thank you for adding a post here in the Community, @lehman.

I'd be glad to help share information about handling payments/deposits in the Merchant Services Deposits.

Yes, you need to record the transaction by clicking on Record Deposit or Record alone. Recording them allows you to add the batch deposit or fee to your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) bank account.

To learn more about recording merchant service deposits, you may check this article: Record Merchant Service Deposits.

You're always welcome to post again if you have any other Merchant Deposits questions. I'll be right here to help you!

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Credit cards

Thank you for adding a post here in the Community, @lehman.

I'd be glad to help share information about handling payments/deposits in the Merchant Services Deposits.

Yes, you need to record the transaction by clicking on Record Deposit or Record alone. Recording them allows you to add the batch deposit or fee to your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) bank account.

To learn more about recording merchant service deposits, you may check this article: Record Merchant Service Deposits.

You're always welcome to post again if you have any other Merchant Deposits questions. I'll be right here to help you!

Experienced Member

Re: Credit card payment that shows up in A/R for customer as two payments, only one was processed and customer balance shows amount of one payment.

QuickBooks Team

Re: Credit card payment that shows up in A/R for customer as two payments, only one was processed...

Hi tubby

Thanks for joining us in this thread. I'm here to address your credit card payment concern.

You can record the Merchant payment that was processed and track it in QuickBooks Desktop by following the steps above provided by my colleague. Then verify the second payment status by logging in to your Merchant account.

Here's how:

1. Sign in to the Merchant Service Center.
  2. From the Activity & Reports menu, select Transactions.
  3. Note: By default, the Basic Search will be selected, which search by date and payment type (credit card or check).
  4. (Optional) Choose the Show advanced option, which allows you to do a more specific search using information like transaction ID and expiration date of the card.
  5. Click on Search.
  6. Choose the Transaction ID to display a detailed view of a transaction.

For further guidance, please refer to this article: Search Transactions.

I also suggest reaching out to our Payments Support Team. They have direct access to your account and can securely provide details about the second payment.

Let me show you how:

1. Open QuickBooks.
  2. Go to Help.
  3. Choose Support and click on the Contact us link.
  4. Select a topic.
  5. Click on Get Phone Number or Start a message.

This should point you in the right direction. Please let me know if you have any other concerns. I'll be here to help.