cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Default bank account

In the "Pay Bills" window is there a way to set a default "Payment Account" in QB Mac 2019?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Default bank account

Great day, @MoonRay,

I appreciate the time you've taken checking this with our forums. I can share you the steps on how to set a default account for your bill payments.

The preferences you set controls how QuickBooks behaves when you create transactions. To update the Pay Bills account for your company file, follow the steps below:

1. Go to the QuickBooks tab and select Preferences.
  2. On the Preferences pane, select Checks.
  3. From the Default accounts to use in these forms section, mark the Pay Bills boxand select the account you want from the drop-down.

Once done, you can now start paying your entered bills with the correct account. Here are the steps to enter bills in QuickBooks for Mac:

1. Go to the Vendors tab then select Pay Bills.
  2. Select All bills to view every bill you’ve entered, or enter a due date to see all bills due on or before that date. If you don’t see them, you can update the date.
  3. Choose a payment type.
  4. Pick the bills you want to pay with the payment type. 
  5. Choose the account you’re paying the bill from. By default, your bills are paid from the first account listed in the Chart of Accounts. You can reorder the Chart of Accounts so that a different account is listed first.
  6. If you have more bills to pay, click Next. If you’re done with selecting your bills to pay, click OK

You may want to visit our site to get helpful tips and tutorials on how to use Quickbooks Desktop for Mac program to grow your business and enhance your expertise: QuickBooks for Mac

That's got it. Please know that I am just a post away if you need further help. I'll be more than glad to help you anytime. Have a wonderful day!