cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deposits and Merchant Fees Each Feeding in as Two Transactions

I'd like to know if others have this issue. While I don't believe there is any monetary impact, it's noise nonetheless. 

Every day, merchant fees are taken out twice and sales deposits are deposited twice. In both cases, the amounts are different so these are not duplicates. 

I just want to see one deposit and one merchant fee. On a slightly different yet related topic, how are you reconciling the daily sales in the POS to bank deposits?

4 Comments 4
shogo
Level 1

while there seems to be only one deposit and fee in your screen shot - it sounds like your merchant services processor (looks like Intuit?) may be splitting out some of the credit card types - i.e they may be processing AMEX separately from Visa/MC/and Discover which is somewhat common - in some cases, if you contact the processor, they may be able to combine these for you into 1 deposit and 1 fee.

AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

Greetings, CT.

I'd like to add to this discussion and provide additional clarification regarding this matter.

As shogo mentioned, you'll need to get in touch with our Merchant Services Team. I'd like to pull up your account and make the adjustments myself. However, the resources necessary to accomplish this are under them, so I highly recommend reaching out to them. In addition, they could also help you with the reconciliation of your daily sales.

Let me know how it goes, I want to make sure this is taken care of. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this the correct # to call? [removed]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Intuit, yes

Need to get in touch?

Contact us