cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

Drivers for Epson scanner ES-500WR

I need the drivers to export directly to my QB 2016 from the Epson scanner ES-500WR.

This scanner generates a window divided in 3, on which the left is like a CSV display (also can export as such) with the data taken from the image displayed in the center, en corrections on the right that will alter the data showing on the extreme left side.

This can be done for the Windows environment, but I'm running Apple OS Mojave 10.4.4 and QB for Mac - desktop. I'm not going to switch QB to its online version, what I will do is update to the latest QB for Mac desktop, and also need to keep the 2016 version.

Can you please help me?

Thank you.

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Drivers for Epson scanner ES-500WR

Hi there, @rdny.

I'm here to ensure that you'll be able to scan your documents correctly. Let's get this sorted out.

You'll need to make sure that your printer is compatible with the QuickBooks that you're using. You can also create necessary printer adjustments to check the alignment. To ensure the best action for the settings I'd suggest, getting in touch with your IT professional.

Also, if you wish to upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest version, here's an overview of its enhancements and features:

If you need further assistance with this concern, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team. 

To do that:

1. Go to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact
  2. Select your product.
  3. Choose your QuickBooks version.
  4. Select a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button

I'll be around if you have any other questions with QuickBooks. Just leave a reply below and I'll get back to you. Have a good one.

Highlighted
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Drivers for Epson scanner ES-500WR

QuickBooks uses Apple's scanner framework for direct scanning. In order of this to work the scanner must provide a TWAIN compatible driver.  Some do, some don't.  If your scanner doesn't show up within QB it probably doesn't.  The work around is to scan with the scanner software and save the scanned document as a PDF on the desktop (most will do this part automatically).  Then drag the PDF into the attachment's window in QuickBooks.