cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanavarisource
Level 2

Duplicate Payments in Make Deposits from Two Years Ago

Hello,

We are using QB Enterprise 2019 Wholesale and Mfg.  We have 4 payments showing up in Make Deposits from way back in 2016 that have popped up seemingly out of nowhere, which have already been deposited.  There are not duplicate payments and the bank account has been reconciled with no issue.  No clue how to resolve this or why these popped up.  Any insight would be great!

QB Capture.JPG

7 Comments 7
HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @ryanavarisource.

I appreciate the details and the screenshot you added. Allow me to step in for a moment and share some insights about the Make Deposits window.

Old payments will go back to the Make Deposits queue if there are modifications applied to them. Let's run the Audit Trail report to review any changes made to your transactions in QuickBooks.

1. On the top menu, click Reports.
  2. Choose Accountant & Taxes.
  3. Select Audit Trail.
  4. Review the report. If those payments are not necessary, you can delete them.

Please let me know how it goes as I want to resolve your issue with duplicate payments. Just click the Green (reply) button to add a message for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ryanavarisource 

This can happen due to damage in the links between the payments and their deposit, if the deposit still exists.

So,

- Find the deposit or deposits those payments should be part of.

- Open the deposit and see if the payment(s) are still listed.

- If so, remove that line or lines from the deposit (Ctrl-Delete will delete a line, or use the Edit menu)

- Then click the Payments button and include the payment(s) again and save the deposit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HoneyLynn_G 

RE: "Review the report. If those payments are not necessary, you can delete them."

OP: "we have 4 payments showing up in Make Deposits from way back in 2016 that have popped up seemingly out of nowhere, which have already been deposited."

Clearly the OP states the payment are necessary, as they were correctly received and deposited long ago.  The issue is they are appearing again to deposit.  This is a common data linking issue you should know all about as an Intuit rep.

ryanavarisource
Level 2

Hi HoneyLynn,

thanks for the reply- when i run the audit trail i see the deposit made by a user that was deleted and when i drill down on the transaction it says QB will remove it?

Capture1.JPG

PreciousB

Thanks for getting back to us and for the screenshot, ryanavarisource.

Allow me to join this thread to help you fix the deposits that popped out of nowhere.

Since these deposits aren't duplicate and they show up as deleted in the Audit Trail, it's possible that the company file may be damaged or corrupted. To fix this, you can try verifying and rebuilding your QuickBooks Desktop data. This is to detect any issues in your company file and to correct them.

To Verify:

1. Click File at the top menu.
  2. Go to Utilities then select Verify.

To Rebuild:

1. Click File at the top menu.
  2. Go to Utilities then select Rebuild.

image.png

If this process won't do the trick, please give our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team a call. They have the resources and tools that can help you investigate this further.

Here's how to reach us:

1. Open QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Click Help at the top and choose QuickBooks Desktop Help or press F1 on your keyboard.
  3. On the Have a Question? screen, scroll down and select the QuickBooks support.
  4. Choose QuickBooks Desktop, then select Enterprise.
  5. Select a topic and click Start a Message.

That should get you on the right track. I'd appreciate if you can update me on how it goes. I'll be here if there's anything else you need. Have a good one.

ryanavarisource
Level 2

Unfortunately the verify and the rebuild have fixed this error :(

HorribleSoftware
Level 1

You're having better luck than I am. I keep having to go in and manually fix this crap, which I'm sure is going to play havoc at the end of the year when I go to run tax reports. What's worse is that I end up with random deposits re-appearing about every four weeks. I've worked with Intuit tech support and they were less than helpful.  I'm really amazed at just how horrible a piece of software Quickbooks is. I'm currently searching for a replacement. If anyone has ideas I'm open. I'd like to find something that actually works and does not require hours and hours of my time to try and support it. At this point, if I calculated my salary into hourly wage, I'm paying twice as much in my time as I pay for the original package itself. It's just plain pathetic.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us