cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Explorer *

Emailed invoices not showing text in email body

Hi guys,

When sending emails the default message below is not displaying on the customer end. Why is this happening??? Using mail app to send invoices as Outlook is not working with Quickbooks Desktop For Mac 2019.

"Dear «contact»,

Your invoice is attached and includes payment-due information. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your business.

Sincerely,"

7 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Emailed invoices not showing text in email body

Let me help you sort this out, @platinumedition.

When emailing forms in QuickBooks, you can customize the email message for each type of form. Let's review your send form preferences so your recipients will received it.

1. Go to the Edit menu.
  2. Choose Preferences.
  3. Select Send Forms.
    1. Go to the Company Preferences tab.
    2. Click the Show drop-down arrow.
    3. Choose the form type.
    4. Select the template in the list that you want to be the default for this form.
    5. Click Edit.
    6. At the top of the window, enter the name of the template.
    7. Click Save
  4. Click Ok.

If issue persists, I'd suggest contacting our Technical Support Team. An agent will be able to further assist you via a secured remote access session.

1. Visit: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
  3. Select Search for something else.
  4. Type in a keyword about concern.
  5. Click Search.
  6. Hit Get Phone Number.

For a more detailed information, you  may check out this article:

Should you have other questions about sending forms in QuickBooks, feel free to leave a post below. I'm always here to help.

Established Community Backer ***

@platinumedition wrote:

Hi guys,

When sending emails the default message below is not displaying on the customer end. Why is this happening??? Using mail app to send invoices as Outlook is not working with Quickbooks Desktop For Mac 2019.

"Dear «contact»,

Your invoice is attached and includes payment-due information. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your business.

Sincerely,"

Do you see it in the edit window on your end when sending? How about if you view it from the sent folder in Mail?

It may be that the receiving mail client or receiving mail server won't allow the display or transfer of PDFs.

Senior Explorer *

I see it in the window when I press email purchase order or invoice. I noticed the content is there but the font color being used is white hence the reason why it is not showing in the message. How do I go about changing the font color?

Senior Explorer *

Copy and pasting a solution that does not apply to my software version is not much help................

Highlighted

@platinumedition wrote:

I see it in the window when I press email purchase order or invoice. I noticed the content is there but the font color being used is white hence the reason why it is not showing in the message. How do I go about changing the font color?

From the edit window select all of the text in the message, right click and select show fonts. You should be able to change the text color there.

Hmm..  if the font is white it sounds like an issue with running in Dark Mode.  Are you using Dark Mode in Mojave?  If so it may be an issue with the Email client.  We've seen things like that with Mail where it sets the text it gets from QB in an AppleScript to the wrong color.