cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Forgot to apply a vendor credit on a bill once it's already paid but haven't printed checks.

So I've gone through and paid bills however I forgot to apply a credit for one of them. So I'm off on what my total balances. I have not yet printed the checks. How do I go back and apply the credit to a bill and then print the checks? 

Using QuickBooks Pro 2018.

Thanks for your help in advance!

-Matt 

1 Comment
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Forgot to apply a vendor credit on a bill once it's already paid but haven't printed checks.

Hi there, mattrock2013.

Thanks for checking in with us. It's a delight to help you apply a vendor credit to a bill in QuickBooks Desktop.

To resolve this, you'll want to delete the bill payment check. Then, re-apply the payment to the bill and apply the credit from it.

Here's how to delete a bill payment check:

1. Open the transaction.
  2. Select the QuickBooks Edit menu.
  3. Click Delete Bill/Bill Pmt-Check.

Also, knowing you already have an idea on how applying vendor credit works, you might want to have this article just in case you need reference: Record a vendor refund in QuickBooks Desktop.

Doing the steps above should resolve your issue with applying vendor credit. Let me know if you have follow-up questions about this and I'd be glad to help.