cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

How do I apply one check to two separate accounts? Same customer/payer but they have two separate accounts.

I have a customer that has two separate accounts with us for their two divisions. They pay invoices for both accounts on one check. How can I apply the one check to the two accounts? Would it make sense to use the same check number on each account and just pay the total for the invoices on each account?

Best answer a month ago

Accepted Solutions
BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Re: How do I apply one check to two separate accounts? Same customer/payer but they have two separate accounts.

Do this by creating one parent customer and then making the two customers  sub-accounts (jobs) of that customer.

Then receive the payment for the new parent customer, and that will allow you to apply it to both jobs.

2 Comments
BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Re: How do I apply one check to two separate accounts? Same customer/payer but they have two separate accounts.

Do this by creating one parent customer and then making the two customers  sub-accounts (jobs) of that customer.

Then receive the payment for the new parent customer, and that will allow you to apply it to both jobs.

Experienced Member

Thank you, BRC!