cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *
Solved

How to pay MULTIPLE bills of the same vendor using MULTIPLE checks

I need help to pay MULTIPLE bills of the same vendor using MULTIPLE checks. For example: I want to pay bill #1 & #2 of vendor A using checks #1001 (for bill #1) and #1002 (for bill #2). I've already entered the bills into QB, hand-written the checks, and just need to enter the payments into QB. Right now, I have to use the PAY BILL function twice to pay each bill separately. If I were to select 2 bills, QB will total the payments into 1 check. I want a way to manually enter check #1001 for bill 1, and then check #1002 for bill 2.

Being able to do this will save me lots of time not having to repeatedly using the PAY BILL function to enter payments, as I have many bills in QB that need to pay using hand-written cheques

Thank you

Best answer 05-13-2019 12:10 PM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to pay MULTIPLE bills of the same vendor using MULTIPLE checks

Hello there, @OC Bookkeeper.

I'm here to help you today so you'll be able to pay your bills correctly.

If you wish to pay your bill with an associated check, you really need to pay your bill #1 and bill #2 individually. If you'll select the two bills together in the Pay Bills window, then, the payments will be combined in 1 check.

You may see attached screenshots for additional reference.

g2 paying bills together.PNG

g2 when paying separately.PNG

In addition, to learn more about paying bills in QuickBooks Desktop, you may check this article: Pay bills in QuickBooks Desktop.

Please don't hesitate to drop a comment below if you have any other questions about paying bills, I'll be always here to help you. Have a great day ahead!

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @OC Bookkeeper.

I'm here to help you today so you'll be able to pay your bills correctly.

If you wish to pay your bill with an associated check, you really need to pay your bill #1 and bill #2 individually. If you'll select the two bills together in the Pay Bills window, then, the payments will be combined in 1 check.

You may see attached screenshots for additional reference.

g2 paying bills together.PNG

g2 when paying separately.PNG

In addition, to learn more about paying bills in QuickBooks Desktop, you may check this article: Pay bills in QuickBooks Desktop.

Please don't hesitate to drop a comment below if you have any other questions about paying bills, I'll be always here to help you. Have a great day ahead!

Frequent Explorer *

Thanks a lot Angelyn.

I get what you mean. Just want to clarify one more time, that in QB we can't pay many bills using different checks in 1 transaction. We have to pay one by one using a corresponding check, right?

QuickBooks Team

You got it right, @OC Bookkeeper.

You'll have to create separate checks for each bill payments since it bears different check numbers.

Don't hesitate to leave a post here in the Community if you have other questions about paying your bills in QuickBooks. I’m just few clicks away.