cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send sales receipt after invoice payment is received?

After I take a payment on an outstanding invoice, how do I convert that invoice into a sales receipt? 

1 Comment
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to send sales receipt after invoice payment is received?

A warm welcome from the Community, @315Hardwoods.

Thanks for reaching out to us. I’m here to share some information about invoice and sales receipt transactions.

The sales receipt is typically used when your customer pays you on the spot for goods or services. Invoices, on the other hand, are issued when a customer agrees to pay you later.

Converting an invoice to a sales receipt is currently unavailable. You would have to delete it and create the transaction you want to send to your customer.

Here’s how to delete an invoice.

1. Find and open the transaction.
  2. Click More at the bottom of the page.
  3. Choose Delete.
  4. Hit Yes to confirm the deletion.

Refer to this article for the details: Void or delete an invoice or other transactions.

Once done, create a sales receipt to record the payment you received. Send the transaction by clicking the Save and send button. Let me show you how:

1. Go to the Plus icon and select Sales Receipt.
  2. Choose your customer.
  3. Enter all necessary information.
  4. Hit Save and send.

For more information, you may check out this article: Create and send a sales receipt.

That should answer your concern for today. Leave a reply below if you need further assistance, I’m always here to help you out. Take care and have a pleasant day ahead!