cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Explorer **
Solved

How to setup monthly billing for customers with different rates?

Just so you know, Total newbie to QuickBooks here

I'm just setting up QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019.  I'm putting in my customers info.

How to I setup monthly service invoicing where all customers have a different base rate.

I'm assuming that during the service week I can input additional service fees for each customer that will be billed for each customer as well.

And then I will need to learn how to setup emailing of these invoices each month.

Best answer 04-30-2019 07:22 AM

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to setup monthly billing for customers with different rates?

Hi there, @aquaclear.

Allow me to help share a method to set up a monthly service invoicing where all customers have a different base rate.

You can set up QuickBooks to memorize a recurring transaction to get reminders, or have it automatically enter the transaction instead to save time.

Here's how: 

1. From the Lists menu, select Memorized Transaction List.
  2. Select the Memorized Transaction drop-down, then choose New Group.
  3. Enter the required information such as the group name and frequency.
  4. Select OK.

Then, memorize the transactions and add them to the group:

1. Open or create any transaction you want to memorize.
  2. Enter the required information.
  3. Select Memorize.
  4. Choose Add to Group and select the Group Name.
  5. Select OK.

I've also attached an article for additional reference, as well as some screenshots for the steps: Create, edit, or delete memorized transactions.

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any other questions about the process or while working with QuickBooks. I'll be happy to help you further. Have a great day ahead. 

Senior Explorer **

How do you then add to each Memorized monthly transaction any additional charges for the month?  I have a pool service and each customer has a base rate for keeping the pool clean and water balanced.  But some months might include a filter clean, or repairs.

I would like come home at the end of the day or week and add any additional charges to the Memorized monthly base rate.

QuickBooks Team

I'll walk you through on how to include additional charges to your memorized transaction, aquaclear.

You can open your memorized transaction and add the charges you'll want to include for the specific month. Please take note not to click the Memorize button again so the additional charges will only be added for the specific month.

Here's how:

1. Go to Lists and choose Memorized Transaction List.
  2. Click the memorized transaction. 
  3. Enter the additional charges.
  4. Click Save and close.

I've also provided the screenshots below: 

Keep posting here in the Community if you need anything else. I'd be around to help.

4 Comments

Hi there, @aquaclear.

Allow me to help share a method to set up a monthly service invoicing where all customers have a different base rate.

You can set up QuickBooks to memorize a recurring transaction to get reminders, or have it automatically enter the transaction instead to save time.

Here's how: 

1. From the Lists menu, select Memorized Transaction List.
  2. Select the Memorized Transaction drop-down, then choose New Group.
  3. Enter the required information such as the group name and frequency.
  4. Select OK.

Then, memorize the transactions and add them to the group:

1. Open or create any transaction you want to memorize.
  2. Enter the required information.
  3. Select Memorize.
  4. Choose Add to Group and select the Group Name.
  5. Select OK.

I've also attached an article for additional reference, as well as some screenshots for the steps: Create, edit, or delete memorized transactions.

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any other questions about the process or while working with QuickBooks. I'll be happy to help you further. Have a great day ahead. 

Senior Explorer **

How do you then add to each Memorized monthly transaction any additional charges for the month?  I have a pool service and each customer has a base rate for keeping the pool clean and water balanced.  But some months might include a filter clean, or repairs.

I would like come home at the end of the day or week and add any additional charges to the Memorized monthly base rate.

QuickBooks Team

I'll walk you through on how to include additional charges to your memorized transaction, aquaclear.

You can open your memorized transaction and add the charges you'll want to include for the specific month. Please take note not to click the Memorize button again so the additional charges will only be added for the specific month.

Here's how:

1. Go to Lists and choose Memorized Transaction List.
  2. Click the memorized transaction. 
  3. Enter the additional charges.
  4. Click Save and close.

I've also provided the screenshots below: 

Keep posting here in the Community if you need anything else. I'd be around to help.

Senior Explorer **

Thank you very much.  The Know-it-all's here in the Q&A community like yourself are very helpful ;-)