cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyeden91
Level 1

I just added my AMEX credit card to the Banks and Credit Cards, yet i do not see it listed.

1 Comment 1
MaryGraceS

I just added my AMEX credit card to the Banks and Credit Cards, yet i do not see it listed.

Hello there, @andyeden91.

Welcome to the Community family.  I'd be happy to help share some insights on how to find or connect to your bank.

Here are some possible reasons why you're unable to see the AMEX credit card listed on the Banks and Credit Cards:

• Your bank has multiple names on our list
  • Your bank does not connect to all types of accounts (for example, personal accounts vs. business accounts)
  • Your bank is not a participating financial institution

To fix this, let's start with making sure you've selected the correct listing or have tried all possible links. You can search by the banking login URL to ensure you are using the correct listing.

Here's how: 

1. On the left pane, select Banking.
  2. At the top left, click the Banking tab.
  3. On the Banking page, select Add Account.
  4. Search for your financial institution and select it from the list.
  5. At the top of the window, select the link for your bank's website.
  6. A new window opens for the bank's website.
  7. Make sure you can access your account through this site by verifying that you can see your account summary, account history, and account details without any errors.
  8. If you access the account successfully, log out of the bank's website and continue to add the account in QuickBooks Online.

I’m including an article with additional information about unable to find the correct bank in QuickBooks Online.

In the meantime, you may be able to download transactions from your bank's website and upload them to QuickBooks Online.

You may check out these articles for references:

Also, feel free to reach out to our phone support if you need additional help. They have the tools to check your account securely and get this fixed quickly.

Here's how you can reach them: 

1. Go to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. At the top right, select your QuickBooks version.
  3. Select a topic.
  4. Click on the Get Phone Number or Start a Message button.

That should get you back on track.

I'm just a post away if you should have any questions about identifying your bank. I'll be happy to help you further. Have a great rest of your week.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us