cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

I manually recorded a payment but it keeps showing up in mobile payments

I received an online payment that wouldn't match up with my QB.   I keep getting the error:  "A payment you are trying to download cannot be matched or recorded.  Please record your merchant payments manually."

I recorded the payment manually.  Now the payment continually shows up when I click on "Get Online Payments."  There's a "Dismiss Selected Payments" button, but it's greyed out.  How do I get rid of this payment  or hide it?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
QuickBooks Team

Re: I manually recorded a payment but it keeps showing up in mobile payments

Hello lbulmer, 

You won't be able to delete the payment on your own. I'd recommend contacting our Merchant Services Team. They have the tools to do this on your behalf. You can reach them using this link: https://community.intuit.com/browse/payments-contact-us.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Experienced Member

So I called the support number.  They said there's nothing they could do about it and I would just have to wait for it to resolve on its own, and it could take a couple of weeks to a year.   I just thought I'd update this in case anyone else has the same problem.

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for getting back to us here in the Community, @lbulmer.

I've checked and verified that our Payment Team will be able to fix the issue you have with deleting the payment. As of now, I suggest getting back to them and have your case reopened.

For the support's contact information, you may refer on link given by my colleague JamesDuanT above.

Stay in touch if you have any other concerns. Have a great day ahead!

dds
Experienced Member

I have the same problem have you got a answer yet?

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @dds.

Thanks for joining the Community. I'm here to provide some information to get past the error message you received when recording payments in QuickBooks Desktop.

There are several cause why the error "A payment you are trying to download can not be matched or recorded. Please record your merchant payments manually" occurs when recording payments.

These are the following:

• The invoice is already partially or fully paid in QuickBooks.
  • The invoice you are attempting to modify is on or before the closing date.
  • Due to damaged payment method in QuickBooks.
  • Due to a damaged "Check" payment method in QuickBooks.
  • Accounts Receivable issues
  • Multiple Accounts Receivables in your chart of accounts.

To get this issue sorted out, you can check out this helpful article for some troubleshooting steps for each cause mentioned above: Error in Merchant Deposits.

However, if the problem continues, I'd recommend reaching out to our Merchant Services Department for further isolation of this situation. You can reach them through this link: https://community.intuit.com/browse/payments-contact-us.

This should get you on track, @dds.

Please let me know how it goes. I'll be around if there's anything else you need. Have a great day!