cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drywalldynasty
Level 1

I received a email from virtualrewardcenter.com about a visa card from intuit. I just wanted to make sure it was legit.

18 Comments 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a email from virtualrewardcenter.com about a visa card from intuit. I just wanted to make sure it was legit.

Hi there, @drywalldynasty.

I'm here to help share some information about receiving an email from the Virtual Reward Center.

Did you participate in any survey or research studies? If so, they usually send a Visa gift card as a reward. 

However, if you didn't answer any surveys, you can contact our Online Care Support so they can access your account in a secure environment. They can send the email you received to our Marketing Team to confirm the reward.

Let me know if you have other questions. I'm here to help.

jennnaangelo
Level 2

I tried to contact support regarding verifying the reward issuance and they said "virtualrewardcenter" is not affiliated with intuit and that they do not use them to issue gift cards. I also received an email regarding reward... I vaguely remember a survey, but am not sure.  They directed me to go to the reward company website and submit and inquiry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone confirmed the legitimacy of this email. I did participate in a survey but it was months ago and I can’t remember if I received the payment I was promised. I don’t want to fall for a scam. Thanks. 

JessT

We don't want to get you scammed too, licook.

I'm unable to confirm the legitimacy of the email you received from the website you mentioned. I've checked our records, and we have no promotions with them.

I'd recommend sending the email to spoof@intuit.com. We have a dedicated team who will check all emails that are reported to that address.

The Recognize and report suspicious emails (Phishing) also gives more details about possible scam emails.

Please reply below if you have questions about suspicious emails.

jennnaangelo
Level 2

I ended up going through the email and getting the reward, as I had found the email from Intuit with the invite to do the survey so figured the two coincided with one another. Very surprising that Intuit who requests the survey does not have any idea how, or from who, the promised gift card comes from. This is just my experience! Other emails from this source could be an issue, and I would always proceed with caution or just skip the 'reward'

Alessandra_B
QuickBooks Team

Hello @jennnaangelo,

I appreciate you for letting us know of your experience.

What you suggested was correct. It's good to be cautious with emails that you receive. We want to make sure that you're not scammed with false Intuit emails.

If you receive suspicious emails saying they're from Intuit, I suggest contacting our QuickBooks Online Support team. This way, they can verify the emails you received and take action from there.

Here's how you can contact them:

1. Log in to your QuickBooks account.
  2. Click on Help.
  3. Choose Contact Us.

Also, you can also send in the email to the address given by my colleague above. Our dedicated team will handle the emails set to that address.

Please know that you can always let me know if you have any other concerns. I'll be sure to get back to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information.  I, also, proceeded cautiously and it appears to be legitimate. I successfully applied the $25 to an Amazon gift card and it worked.  I didn't need to provide any private information, so I figured I'd be okay.  It would be good, however, if the marketing end of Intuit let the Support end of Intuit know what they were doing so they could field these questions.

Lisa

jdybnsn
Level 3

I had one too and it appears to be legitimate - I had £15 added to my Amazon account going via the link on the email. 

rd75
Level 1

Hello,

I received the email back in April and also completed the survey, but never got a gift card - I have tried contacting both intuit and qualtrics (whom I researched to find that they are the actual survey company) - but both say they could not help me - can you advise who you contacted to get the gift card?  Thanks for any insight.

Catherine_B
QuickBooks Team

Hello rd75, 

The email that was sent from out Marketing Team with regards to giving out Gift Cards has an expiration for a specific period of time. 

I suggest looking into the email that you received and check out the contact information for further instructions. 

Keep me posted if you need more help. 

rd75
Level 1

Hi there, Thanks so much for the reply... I have made contact and all is taken care of. Thanks again. 

Pachiaay
Level 1

I literally got the same email. Saying I won $100 and I don’t really remember doing anything to get that but I entered my info and IM SHOOK ITS AN ACTUAL MASTERCARD. I’m honestly so confused but so happy because I really needed the money and I honestly don’t know what I did to even deserve this but I’m so happy lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

i did the survey and got a $15 giftcard to one of many different places of my choosing... its legit!

SabineBMC
Level 1

I completed the survey and received a $10 reward via Tangocard. Legitimate. 

Supersane
Level 1

I did a reasearch study and did get the virtual gift card... but everywhere i tey to use it doesnt work??? Any advice? Please and thanks!

RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for reaching out to us here, Supersane.

Let me route you to the support who can check this info. 

When you're unable to use the reward, it might be that it was expired. You can contact the support team on where you got the virtual gift to verify the status of the card. 

If you need help with your QuickBooks Online account, you can search for help articles, Community discussions, and video tutorials in our general help topics page.

You can also leave a reply here if you have additional questions or other concerns. We're always available to help. Take care and stay safe.

not2fond4scammers
Level 1

Hello there. Are you still answering questions? Is it fun having people spend HOURS on surveys for companies making literally 15-30 cents per survey where each one takes 15-25 minutes. I can say with confidence I got paid less than one dollar per hour it took me quite a bit of the weekend on survey junkie until I had finally enough credits  to get one of your 5 dollar prepaid cards(yes, you read that correctly.)Have you ever been so broke that you spend HOURS of your time to make 5 bucks??? But hey I get it. I agreed to the terms of the surveys which also include incredibly intrusive data mining on the users phone. But that’s not why I’m so angry or why I’m here right now. What id REALLY like to know is how do I use this 5 dollar visa? It’s blocked from Apple Pay, blocked from google pay,blocked from the 7 eleven app, blocked from the Burger King app, blocked from the tim hortons app and I gave up after that. I see a comment saying someone used one for Amazon so is Amazon the only site I can use it on? If so, why not just call it an Amazon visa or just Amazon gift card??? Pass a message to the higher ups at virtual reward center for me please? Preying on the weak and vulnerable among you is no way to live.  to whomever rigged this scam “gift card” against me. 

ZackE

Thanks for becoming part of the Community, not2fond4scammers.

I've done some thorough research on our website and can confirm Intuit has no officially publicized affiliation with the company you're receiving offers from.

To properly identify how their virtual cards work, what's possible, and etc., I'd recommend getting in touch with Virtual Reward Center directly. Their official contact information and hours of operation can be found on their website.

If you feel that an email is suspicious and would like to report it to Intuit, you can do so from our Online Security Center.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Online Security Center.
  2. Click your Contact Us option.
  3. Select Report a fake email.

I've also included a detailed resource about identifying suspicious emails which may come in handy moving forward: Identify suspicious activity, phishing scams, & potential fraud

I'll be here to help if there's any additional questions. Have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us