cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

Invoice from Sales Order option missing from Invoice window after latest update!

I just updated QB (which I do regularly) and am trying to invoice a customer from a Sales Order. Typically I go to the Invoice window, select the customer and a prompt comes up asking if I want to invoice from an estimate, a sales order, or multiple sales orders. But now that box no longer shows up, and it immediately prompts me to "select the estimate to invoice from". It no longer gives me the sales order option. I know there is another way to do it, but having to "re-train" my entire staff to do it a different way is a serious problem. Anyone know how to make the option come back?

Best answer 10-01-2018 09:09 AM

Accepted Solutions
Experienced Member

Re: Invoice from Sales Order option missing from Invoice window after latest update!

Update: I have downloaded the last QB update for a third time (resetting the update each time), but this time I also reinstalled the last Windows update (I am running Windows 7). The problem has fixed itself during one of these processes of re-installing updates. Weird!

3 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Invoice from Sales Order option missing from Invoice window after latest update!

When I do it the way you descirbe, which is the normal way I do it anyway, I get the pic shown in the attachment.

So from what I understand you are not seeing that second option to use sales orders?

If so that is very odd, I would check preferences and insure someone did not turn off sales orders.

What year and version of QBDT are you using?

Experienced Member

Correct, that window is no longer showing up. Instead the attached window is showing up. I have already checked our preferences to make sure nobody accidentally changed anything and from what I can tell everything is the same. Also, I have already verified that the sales order I want to invoice is showing as Open and wasn't accidentally closed. I have also already re-downloaded the last update and it still isn't showing the sales order option.

We use QuickBooks Desktop: Premier Manufacturing and Wholesale 2016

Experienced Member

Update: I have downloaded the last QB update for a third time (resetting the update each time), but this time I also reinstalled the last Windows update (I am running Windows 7). The problem has fixed itself during one of these processes of re-installing updates. Weird!