cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Invoice payments taken by GoPayment reader

I'm hoping someone here can help shed some light. We create a lot of invoices via QBO. A lot of clients would rather pay in person vs online, so we ordered the GoPayment card reader. We connected the GoPayment app and card reader to our QBO account about a year ago. I have yet to figure out how to just take a payment from a customer (in person, not online) and apply that payment on their open invoice, not create a new sales receipt. Can anyone tell me how I can apply a payment to an open invoice from the GoPayment app without creating a whole new sales receipt?  I have called both QBO and the payment center/merchant services multiple times and no one has been able to figure it out for me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Invoice payments taken by GoPayment reader

It's nice seeing you here in the Community, @The Curated NY.

It'll be my pleasure to guide you in applying your received payments to an invoice.

You don't need to create a sales receipt when you process customer payments through GoPayments. Your received payments will be marked as unapplied, which allows you to apply it to the invoice.

Here's how you'll record the payment:

1. Click on the Gear icon, select Import GoPayment.
  2. A list of available mobile payments transactions appears. Choose the payment you want to record.
  3. Choose whether you want to record the payment as a Receive Payment or Sales Receipt transaction.
  4. Select the customer name. Enter other necessary information.
  5. Click on Save & Done.

That's it! You're now able to record your customer payment straight from your GoPayment Reader.

Feel free to comment below if you have other questions about your payments. I'd be glad to assist you.

Established Member

What does this process look like on QuickBooks Desktop? When we download the transaction from the GoPayment App to QuickBooks Desktop, QBs creates a customer account for the name that is on the card and there is no way to apply it to an open invoice.

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @HoseMan.

Let me help share some insights about the invoice payment received using the GoPayment app. 

May I know what transactions you downloaded from the GoPayment App to QuickBooks Desktop? If it's a sales receipt transaction, you can delete the open invoice since it will already consider as sales.

To delete an open invoice, here's how:

1. At the top menu bar, click Customers.
  2. Go to Customer Center.
  3. Click Transactions.
  4. Choose Invoices.
  5. Look and double-click the open invoice. Capture.PNG
  6. Click Delete, then OK

However, if it's bank deposit, you'll need to manually change the Received From on the bank register to the correct customer. 

Here's how:

1. Open the bank register.
  2. Look for the correct amount, and select the Receive From drop-down arrow.
  3. Assign it to the correct customer. Capture1.PNG
  4. Click Save & Close

For additional reference, you can check this article: Download mobile payments transactions into QuickBooks

Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have additional questions about the mobile payments. I'm always here to help.