cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NU-LTGx
Level 3

Invoices

Hi! Hopefully someone can help me here, when printing an invoice to mail to a customer, how do I show it as "sent'' in QB? As the customer does not want them emailed. Also...would you happen to know why when I delete an invoice the invoice number does not update? For example, I deleted invoice 1002 but when I enter a new invoice, it automatically reverts to 1003 instead of 1002? Is this how QB works for this type of transaction? Just making sure I did everything correct so I can keep track of everything.

Thank you in advance!!

Solved
Best answer October 03, 2018

Best Answers
MorganB
Content Leader

Invoices

Hey there, NU-LTGx.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. I can provide you with some answers to your questions about invoices.

When sending invoices to your customers, you can mark them as sent by entering "Sent" in the PO number field or as a memo. Additionally, the listed invoice status will change from "(Not sent)" to "(Sent)" when the email is delivered. I'll include a screenshot below to show you what this looks like.

For your next question, yes, you're correct. When you delete an invoice, your next invoice will be the following number.

Keep up the great work. You know where to find me if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
MorganB
Content Leader

Invoices

Hey there, NU-LTGx.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. I can provide you with some answers to your questions about invoices.

When sending invoices to your customers, you can mark them as sent by entering "Sent" in the PO number field or as a memo. Additionally, the listed invoice status will change from "(Not sent)" to "(Sent)" when the email is delivered. I'll include a screenshot below to show you what this looks like.

For your next question, yes, you're correct. When you delete an invoice, your next invoice will be the following number.

Keep up the great work. You know where to find me if you have any other questions.

NU-LTGx
Level 3

Invoices

Thank you so much for the quick reply! It is much appreciated :)

MorganB
Content Leader

Invoices

You're welcome! I've got your back if there's anything else I can help with. Take care.

sherrylfacteau
Level 2

Invoices

When I batch print my invoices in the morning for my driver, they print separately.  I want two copies of each invoice to print one after the other and right now they print one at a time and then start over so they have to be put into a different order each morning, wasting time.  

Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Invoices

We value your time and your business, @sherrylfacteau.

I'll be glad to help you print two copies for each invoice.

You'll need to change the number of copies when doing batch printing. Let me guide you how:

1. In the Print Preview, click the Printer icon beside the Download icon.
  2. From the left side of the page, click Change in the Destination section.
  3. Select your printer.
  4. Change the number of copies into two.

Once done, you can print each invoice into two copies. I've attached screenshots below for your visual reference.

Here's an article for your reference: How to Email or Print an Invoice.

Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any other questions.

TLDRAY
Level 1

Invoices

When I complete an invoice in BigTime and then Post it to Quickbooks, Quickbooks will not assign an invoice number.  Previously, as soon as I post an invoice, an invoice number will appear in my BigTime invoice.  never had this problem before.  Can you help. 

Clark_B
QuickBooks Team

Invoices

Welcome to the Community, @TLDRAY.

Let me assist you by providing information on why an invoice number is not being assigned in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

To start, QBO is dependent on the invoice data sent by BigTime. To isolate the issue, please ensure the mapping in your BigTime integration/connector.

I understand the importance of having an invoice number. For now, I suggest contacting BigTime support for further guidance. 

You can check this site to contact support: BigTime Support.

For future reference, you can check this article to guide you about receiving and recording invoice payments: Record invoice payments in QuickBooks Online.

Feel free to reach us again, if you have any other concerns about invoices or other QBO-related questions. We are always happy to assist you.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us