cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *
Solved

Invoices

I have a client who is asking for the $ amount of tax being charged for each item on the invoice, instead of just getting the total amount of tax at the bottom on the invoice.  In their system, they have to break out the amount of tax paid per item.  Is there any way I can get QB to do this?

Best answer 05-09-2019 04:43 PM

Accepted Solutions
Community Contributor *

Re: Invoices

Thank you for your quick reply.  I was hoping I could add a column on my invoice that would allow QB to calculate the tax for the item on that row.  I appreciate your assistance and also passing the need along to the developers.

-Tracy

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hi @tnolen,

As of the moment, there isn't an option to show the taxable amount of each line item in your customer's invoice.

However, you can manually calculate each taxable amount of your items. This is because of the equal distribution of your sales tax.

While you're unable to show the taxable amount of your items in your invoice, I can pass along your request to our product developers.

This way, they'll be able to know your sentiments and the need to show your taxable amount in your customer's invoice.

Lastly, you can check the QuickBooks Resource Center. This way, you'll be updated to the latest release being rolled out in the software.

Let me know in the comment section down below if you have any other questions. I'll be always around here in the Community keeping an eye for your response.

Community Contributor *

Thank you for your quick reply.  I was hoping I could add a column on my invoice that would allow QB to calculate the tax for the item on that row.  I appreciate your assistance and also passing the need along to the developers.

-Tracy