cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Issues with Recurring Payments invoices and tax rate

Our company began transferring all our membership payments to Quickbooks Recurring Payments (through Merchant Services) about 3 months ago. We have thousands of customers and have been working tirelessly to do the work of switching them over to Quickbooks instead of another system we were using. We have had nothing but issues. 

The first issue we had was because we found that the tax rates are not updating to what the customer's tax rate is. They are all updating with the same tax rate (except for some that randomly will update with the right tax rate when the first payment goes through). After about 15 hours of phone calls, with multiple support agents, we were told that we have to send in our entire company file off of QB for several days while they dig through our Company File and see if they can find data issues... meaning we can't work in QB at all for several days. During the phone call process for this I was hung up on, promised phone calls I never received and even transferred randomly back to the hold queue for another department.  SUCH A PAIN. Our whole project and accounting department is on hold until this gets addressed. 

The new issue we are having is that suddenly none of the invoices are generating automatically like they are supposed to. Even customers who's invoices came through last month are suddenly not coming through. Recurring payments is supposed to generate an invoice so that it all just applies seamlessly. Nope... we have to go in and manually create invoices for hundreds of customers. 

I am so frustrated beyond frustrated. I'm almost certain that if I call in, I will get the run around again. Does anyone know or have experience with these types of issues? Would like to find the right person to help me figure this out. 

The most terrible part is that I checked with one of the support agents before we started converting all our customers to Quickbooks recurring payments and the agent assured me that everything would work even though I pointed out some concerns with the tax issue. We would have NEVER done this if we knew it would turn out this way. 

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Issues with Recurring Payments invoices and tax rate

It’s nice to see you in the Community, Sharissa.

Thank you for providing such detailed information, it gives me a helpful overview about the issue. This is not what I want for you to experience while using the recurring invoices payments feature.

Since you’re still having the same issue after trying out the steps given by our Merchant Services Team, I encourage contacting them again. They can open your previous case notes, review the steps, and if necessary, perform a screen-sharing session with you to check why invoices are not generating automatically.

You can reach them through the following link: Which Payments product do you need help with?

That should get you in the right direction.

Let me know how the call goes. I want to make sure this is taken care of. Have a good one.

Experienced Member

Dangit! I was really hoping there was some sort of known issue that just started last week with the invoices. It is very frustrating to go through these steps with the Merchant Services team as they give terrible service and do not know how to help us. They make you spend hours while they wait for someone to tell them what questions to ask you. They ask the same questions and have you go through the same steps even if they have notes about your situation. They make you explain how things should work as if they don't even know how the product works themselves. Also they are on the East Coast and all higher level support leaves early in the afternoon. Also higher level support won't talk directly with you. We had to go through many many many calls just to get someone who knew what they were doing to help us and I am fairly certain that will happen all over again. If calling is my only options so be it. I will reply with how my phone call works out. 

QuickBooks Team

Hello, @AAAHeatingAC.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here in the Community and for telling us your experiences with the Merchant Services phone support. 

I can help take your feedback to the appropriate channels to ensure that this will be taken care of. I'd also suggest sending your feedback by going to the Help menu and selecting Send Feedback Online.

That said, if there's something you need help with, I'd like to see what I can do.

We appreciate if you could keep us posted with the phone call result. That said, if there's something you need help with, I'd like to see what I can do.