cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Need a report that shows payments made, including payment methods, for all customers

Due to an unfortunate miscommunication with our bookkeeping company, I need to manually enter all transactions from the last 3 months from one company file to another.  To do this, I need to run a report of all payments made (including payment methods) over this period.  I am able to run a transaction report, which breaks down the individual invoice line items, but this report only shows total payments made towards the invoice.  I need something that shows how the payments were made (ie:  check, cash, credit card, credit memo, etc) so I can recreate the customer transaction details.  Is there somewhere I can find this info?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Need a report that shows payments made, including payment methods, for all customers

I see this is your first question so let me take the time to welcome you here to the Community, @pacificelite.

I appreciate the steps you've done to get this working. I can help walk you through pulling up a transaction report that'll show all your customers payments including their mode of payment in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

You can run or pull up the Transaction List by Customer report and customize it to show all the information you need. Here's how:

1. Go to Reports menu at the top, then pick Customers & Receivables and Transaction List by Customer on the drop-down.
2. Click the Customize Report option, then go to the Display tab.
3. Choose your preferred date on the Report Date Range section, then on the Columns section, put a checkmark to Pay Meth.

103.PNG
4. Now go to the Filters tab.
5. On the Choose Filter section, pick TransactionType, then select Payment on the drop-down.
6. Hit OK once done.

104.PNG

That should give you the report that you need. You can also check out this article that tackles customizing reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

105.PNG

Please let me know how it goes in the comment section. I'll be here if you have any follow-up questions or if I can be of additional assistance. Wishing you and your business continued success!

Experienced Member

Re: Need a report that shows payments made, including payment methods, for all customers

You are a lifesaver!  Thank you so much!

QuickBooks Team

You're always welcome, @pacificelite.

I'm happy to know that those steps help you get the report that you need.

Please post again in the Community or leave a comment below should you have any other questions or concerns. I'm always here to help you out. Take care always!