cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linaew03
Level 1

POS System Integration gone wrong

A client is using a POS System is supposed to integrate with QBO but doesn't. Each transaction is being made into an open invoice. At the end of the day the credit card payments are being posted as a deposit into the correct bank account but not being matched to any of the invoices in QBO. There are 6 months worth of transactions like this. If I "receive payment" then it duplicates the deposit already in QBO.  What is the easiest way to fix this so the A/R balance is accurate.

3 Comments 3
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for being part of the Online Community, linaew03.

I want to ensure you’re routed to the right support who can help properly map the imported transactions.

The information QuickBooks receives is dependent upon what your POS system shares with us. Since each application has a different platform and works differently, I recommend contacting the POS customer service.

They have the tools to configure the application and make sure the payments are matched to the invoices.

In the meantime, exclude the payments. This is to avoid duplication once the deposits are downloaded to QuickBooks.
Here’s how:

1. Go to Banking on the left panel.
  2. Select the bank from the Bank and Credit Cards drop-down menu.
  3. Locate and select the payments in the For Review tab.
  4. Click on Batch actions.
  5. Select Exclude Selected.

For more information about the process, check out this article: How to exclude expenses from downloaded bank transactions.

Upon giving them a call, I’m confident your transactions are in tiptop shape.

If there's anything else I can help you find in QBO, reach out to me by mentioning my name. I'll be glad to assist you further. Wishing you the best.

missloril
Level 1

This response is useless and does not address the issue presented by the questioner.

.... just sayin', why reply if you do not have a solution for the issue?

Charies_M

Hello there, missloril and linaew03.

I appreciate you for pointing this out, @missloril. I'm here to bring clarifications to the question above.

There's no need to create a Receive Payment. What you can do is to change the Bank Deposit account to Account Receivable. Doing  this will help link the deposit to your invoice.

Here's how:

1. Select Accounting,from the left menu. 
  2. Select Chart of Accounts under the Toolbar.
  3. Find the account you deposited the payment to, then select View Register.
  4. Locate and choose the correct deposit.
  5. Select Edit.
  6. On Bank Deposit screen, scroll down to Add funds to this deposit, then find the fund you need to edit.
  7. In the Received From column, search and choose the appropriate Customer name.
  8. In the Account column, search and select Account's Receivable.
  9. Select Save and close.

I'd be glad to share this article to know more about linking deposits to an invoice: How to link a deposit to an invoice.

​In case you need help from our POS Technical Support Team, feel free to reach out to them. They are experts with with POS System Integrations.

You can always get back to me if you have further questions about this. I'd be happy to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us