cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
adi
Community Contributor **

Process a bank deposit of a credit card payment. Invoice was sent from eCommerce website and not from QBO

Hi. I am getting credit card payments on my website. The invoice is being sent to the customer from the website itself. not from QB.

After a few days, money comes in to my bank account and is shown on QBO as a transaction line of the bank account.
Obviously I cannot match this deposit/payment to an invoice in QBO, since the invoice was not generated in QB, rather in my website.

How can I process this transaction in the most efficient way?

* I've tried creating a Sales Receipt for each sale but it is automatically marked as PAID so I cannot match the line transaction to that sales receipt. I would like to be able to match the payment to an Invoice or any other Sale transaction so the inventory change on QB will be recorded as well.

Any ideas of how to process that, knowing that the sales are growing and I will not be able to create an Invoice and/or Sales Receipt each time I sale online?

I am working with two merchant providers:

- Authorize.net, but they have stopped their sync option to QB.

- Brainrtree, which requires a monthly fee for syncing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adi.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Process a bank deposit of a credit card payment. Invoice was sent from eCommerce website and ...

We want your reports to be accurate, adi.

The best way to handle this situation is to create an invoice and match it to the bank transaction. 

Here are the steps:

1. Click the Plus (+) icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
  2. Under Customers, click Invoice.
  3. Choose the customer from the Customer drop-down list.
  4. Enter the invoice information.
  5. Click Save and Send or Save and Close.

Then, match the invoice to the transaction in the banking section by following these steps:

1. On the left panel, click Banking.
  2. Click the For Review tab, and find the transaction that has a match.
  3. Click the Match link.

The process will automatically create a payment transaction to the invoice when you view the customer transaction list.

You can also check this article for your reference: Add and match downloaded banking transactions.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to leave a comment on this thread. 

adi
Community Contributor **

Re: Process a bank deposit of a credit card payment. Invoice was sent from eCommerce website and ...

Hi RenjolynC,

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, adi.

You can save your time and eliminate the manual data entry in QuickBooks by syncing your data from ecommerce to QuickBooks Online. There are applications available online or in the QuickBooks App website that’ll help you fulfill the process. 

Please visit us again if you have other questions or you need assistance while working with QuickBooks.