cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bismarck2020
Level 1

QB Desktop Pro - Change background color (blue) when sending invoices through Outlook

Hello! I was hoping someone could help me with this issue. I currently have QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2016 linked to Outlook. Whenever I want to send an invoice, it automatically opens Outlook and we are able to send all our invoices. For some reason, QB has this blue table color with some black and orange letter that I cannot edit. Is there anyway I can edit the color and add a logo of the company?

5 Comments 5
Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

QB Desktop Pro - Change background color (blue) when sending invoices through Outlook

Hello, @Bismarck2020.

I'm here to help share information about sending invoices through Outlook.

You have the option to customize email templates in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT). For you to be able to customize your email template, the company file needs to be in Single User mode. Also, you must log in as Admin or have the permission to modify company preferences.

However, as of now, there isn't an option to change/edit the table color of the template when emailing invoices through Outlook. I'll take note with this, so I can pass along this information.

To learn more about customizing email templates in QBDT, you can read this article: Customize email templates in QuickBooks.

On the other hand, you may check out our QuickBook blog to stay updated with the latest QuickBooks news and updates.

Feel free to add a post/comment below if you have any other questions about email template, I'll be always happy to help you. Have a good day ahead!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a concern in our organization as well, as the default "blue" table format does not represent our company image well.  I'd like to be able to eliminate or edit the email layout.

Rose-A

Thanks for looping in, MindyP.

I'd be glad to help and provide additional information regarding template color in the invoices through Outlook.

Eliminating the blue format in the invoice isn't an option for now. However, you can customize the email template in QuickBooks.

To set up your template:

1. From the Edit menu, select Preferences then Send Forms.
  2. Go to the Company Preferences tab.
  3. From the Delivery Method Default drop-down, choose E-mail.
  4. From the Email Templates drop-down, choose the specific transaction.

z.PNG

Select Add Template.
  5. Modify the email template as necessary.
  6. To insert pre-built data, select Insert Field. See samples in this screenshot:

x.PNG

To set the template as the default, make sure to select Default, then Save.
  7. Select OK to close the Preferences window.

I’ll speak with our engineering team about this option and will let you know whenever we have it available for our users.

Additionally, I'd encourage to visit the "What's New" section on your QuickBooks Desktop, to be updated with our latest news and updates including product improvements.

c.PNG

For additional help, you can also reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop Support.

1. Within your QuickBooks Desktop, click Help at the top menu bar.
  2. Click Contact us.
  3. To route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have. Give a brief description of your issue and click Continue.
  4. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

Should you have any other product suggestions, don't hesitate to let us know. The Community is always in your corner. Have a good one.

djsew
Level 1

Has Intuit taken any steps towards this change? After 17 years of using this 'default' coloring, I'd REALLY like to be able to edit or change it.

Thank you.

AlcaeusF

Hello there, djsew.

Welcome to the Community. Let me start by saying how much we appreciate you for being a part of the QuickBooks family in a long time.

We're proactively gathering these requests on the features and options that would make QuickBooks a more better program. That said, I'm personally taking note of them which I'll be forwarding to our product engineers for any improvement.

To stay updated, I recommend following the steps provided by my colleague above on how to check new features within the program. I'm adding the sample screenshot I recommend on this:

Additionally, for your reference into contacting support, I'm adding the article I found helpful on this:

Contact the QuickBooks Online Customer Support team.

Please know I'm always around for any QuickBooks assistance you may need. Reach out to me by posting your response below, and I'll be sure to lend a hand.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us