cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

QB payments consolidated into one deposit in QB but split into two deposits in reality

I received three payments of $1525 that all cleared on April 5. The QB merchant services lumped them into one deposit of $4575 but they show up in my bank feed as two deposits: $3050 and $1525.

How can I resolve this? 

Any help would be most appreciated!

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: QB payments consolidated into one deposit in QB but split into two deposits in reality

Hello, safariguy.

You can modify the transaction in QuickBooks payment to match it with the actual bank. You can also by-pass the matching process by excluding the transactions in your online banking. Once done, change the status of the transaction in QuickBooks into cleared.

Here’s how to exclude a transaction:

1. Go to Banking>Banking.
  2. Select the bank involve.
  3. Go to For Review page.
  4. Locate and put a check mark on the transactions involved.
  5. Click Batch actions and select Exclude selected.

To change the status of a transaction:

1. Go to Accounting from the left menu.
  2. Go to Chart of Accounts.
  3. Click View register on the account where the QB payment transaction is posted.
  4. Locate the transaction and put C under the check column.

Drop by again if there’s anything else you need.

Experienced Member

Re: QB payments consolidated into one deposit in QB but split into two deposits in reality

Thanks for the info. You said there's a way to modify it in the Quickbooks payment to match it with the actual bank. That seems like the better option here. Can you give me the protocol on how to do that? 

QuickBooks Team

Hey @safariguy,

Let me route you to the correct support to the correct support available to better address this concern.

As mentioned by my colleague above, you can modify the transaction in QuickBooks Payments to match the actual bank. I suggest contacting out to our QuickBooks Merchant Services. This way, they can view your account in a secure environment and help you get this sorted out.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.