cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

QuickBooks GoPayment Update

We’ve updated our GoPayment app with a new look and better experience.

Here is what you need to know:

• Once you upgrade, all transactions will automatically sync to your QuickBooks Online account. Less work for you and smoother bookkeeping.
  • After this update, you'll no longer need to manually sync transactions starting July 5th, 2019. (Not sure if you’ve been manually syncing? Learn more.)
  • If you want to keep syncing transactions between QuickBooks and GoPayment, you’ll need to update to the new version of GoPayment and confirm the switch by July 5th, 2019.

If you received an email about the update it means you’re eligible to try it out.

FAQ:

Q: How do I get the update?
A: You’ll need to have GoPayment version 10.3 or later. When you sign in there will be an invitation for you to try the new experience. If you don’t want to try right then you can start the update later from the home screen.

Q: What will happen after July 5th, 2019?
A: You’ll still be able to take payments and send receipts from GoPayment. However if you want to sync those transactions with your QuickBooks account you’ll need to update to the new experience and confirm the switch.

Q: Why should I install the update?
A: Your transactions will automatically sync with QuickBooks. With each new version you’ll notice regular improvements and added features, most recently:

Version 10.3:

• Text sales receipts to your customers
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements

Q: When I update will I notice anything different?
A: Yes, our app has a new look. Plus we’ve added new features for an even better payments experience.

Q: Why is GoPayment being updated?
A: Our aim is to improve the app so that making sales, processing payments and managing transactions is as effortless as possible. If you update and continue to update the app you’ll notice regular improvements and added features.

Q: Can I switch back to the old version of GoPayment?
A: Yes, you can switch back to the old version of GoPayment from your settings. However if you want to continue syncing transactions between GoPayment and QuickBooks, you’ll need to update to the new version and opt in to the new experience by July 5th, 2019.

If you have more questions, please post them in the comments below. We’re here to help!gopaymentlogo.png

10 Comments
Experienced Member

Re: QuickBooks GoPayment Update

Hi Amy,

I did not got the invitation at sign in? I'm using an iOS device. Any suggestions on how to the invitation? 

Thank you!

Thanks for visiting us here in the Community, Spartanian.

The invitation email about the GoPayment update was sent to a number of users. Don't worry if you haven't receive the invitation as it should be available soon. We hope you'll enjoy this feature when it arrives.

You can also contact our Merchant Services Team. They can check your account in a secure environment and review if you're eligible to try the new look of the GoPayment app. Their contact information can be found in this link: QuickBooks Merchant Services.

In the meantime check out this article about manually syncing GoPayment into QuickBooks Online: Record GoPayment transactions.

This should answer your concern for today.

Please post here in the Community if you have follow-up questions. I'm always here to help. Best regards.

Hi @Spartanian ,

Thank you for reaching out.  I wanted to add that we looked into your account and the reason you did not receive a notice is because you will not be affected by this change which is occuring over the next couple of months.  This update will eventually be rolled out to everyone but it is being done in stages. Once it's time for you to update, you will be notified.

Thank you,

Amy

Experienced Member

Hi Amy,

Thank you for all your info about this. Although is there a way to reset the GoPayment app? I'm having trouble syncing the items correctly.  I have deleted the items from within the app and I have uncheck all items from mobile sync on Quicbooks point of sale, so it wont sync. Still they are being downloaded back to the app. It seem that does not matter what I do, the app is downloading the items as I did on the initial set up. Although I have made changes and choose different items to sync and other not to, but  those items are not being synced to the app. Any suggestions? 

Thank you!

Hi there, @Spartanian.

I'm here to share some troubleshooting steps to sync specific inventory items to your mobile device properly.

Before doing so, you must be logged into GoPayment or QuickBooks Online mobile app as an administrator to access the account settings. After that, let's make sure the GoPayment application is installed on a supported device to ensure it is compatible with your setup. Doing so will help avoid problems when using it.

Next, let's check if this unexpected behavior is caused by the browser cache on the device. Sometimes, stored data can cause some odd errors and simply needs to be cleared from the browser. 

Please refer to the steps below based on the device you're using:

• Apple devices:  Go to Settings>Safari and select Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data.
  • Android Devices:  Open the Internet Browser.  Select Menu >Settings > Privacy & security > Clear cache, and select to Clear history and Clear all cookie data

Once done, try to resync specific inventory items to your phone or tablet. If you get the same result, please try additional solutions outlined in this article. You can proceed directly to step 3: I'm having trouble using GoPayment.

I'm also adding some links for additional reference: 

Don't hesitate to get back to me if you have additional questions about GoPayments in QBO. I'll be around to help.

Experienced Member

Done all that trouble shooting you mention. Clear the cache many times, even reset  my iPhone to factory settings. Still the GoPayment app is downloading the wrong items. I unchecked all items from mobile sync. Still they are being  downloaded to the app. 

Thank you! 

QuickBooks Team

Hello again,Spartanian,

I appreciate you getting back to the Community and validating the results.

This time, let me guide you to the right support to get this resolved. I'd recommend contacting our QuickBooks Merchant Support Team. They have the tools to pull up your account and provide further details about the QuickBooks GoPayment Update.

To contact us, you can check this link: https://community.intuit.com/browse/payments-contact-us.

Feel free to visit the Community again if there's anything else you need help with, I'm always here to answer it for you.

Established Member

QB Desktop syncing with GoPayments

we just updated to the latest update of the Quickbooks Desktop POS.  Now, it will not sync with GoPayments, and the sync log says, "An error occurred while syncing receipts"... with a receipt number after it.  What's going on??  This is a pic of my QB software version.20190525_194914.jpg

Experienced Member

Re: QB Desktop syncing with GoPayments

There is a problem with the GoPayment and Quickbooks not syncing. It's something affecting everyone, but quickbooks is not solving the problem yet. Not even the support team knows what to do. I still have the same problem, I had done all trouble shooting I get hands on and not success. Please contact quickbooks support and lets hope they fix this mess soon. 

Let me know if you find a solutions, I'll keep you post if I find it first. 

Thank you!

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, cinnamon11 and Spartanian.

Thanks for joining this thread and providing details about your concern.

We’ve received notifications from customers experiencing the same thing, and our engineers are already working for a fix

As a confirmation, the INV-19571 was created for further study of the missing transactions after syncing the GoPayments account with POS. While this is under investigation, I encourage you to give us a call so you'll be added to the list of affected users.

As soon as there are updates available, you'll be notified via email. Calling us will also help gather information relevant in conducting a resolution.

I'll be sure to update this thread too if I receive news about the investigation. 

Keep me posted on how the call went. I'm always here to help you if more have other questions. Thanks for your patience and understanding.