cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Quickbooks Payments

I am having a hard time matching the Quickbooks Payments (where customers paid their invoice online) to what's being downloaded into the QBO file. How do I match them correctly? 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Quickbooks Payments

Hello there, @JESS1027.

I'm here to help walk you through in matching your downloaded transactions with your customer's payments. I'm always here to help.

With QuickBooks Online, if you have manually added transactions (invoice payments, deposits, or expenses) before downloading the actual transactions posted on your bank, the system will try to matched them with the downloaded ones. The system will use the following information in locating any matched transactions:

• Date of the Transaction
  • Amount
  • Name of the Payee

If the system will not be able to locate any match, you need not to worry, you can still manually find a matched. Here's  how:

1. Go to Banking.
  2. Choose Banking tab.
  3. Select For Review.
  4. Locate for your customer's payment transactions.
  5. If the system founds a match, the transaction will be displayed CATEGORY OR MATCH column.
  6. If it finds multiple match or no match at all, open the transaction and click on Find other records or Find match button to open the Match transactions window.
  7. Click Save.

Once the transactions are matched, it will be moved to the Reviewed tab.

Stay in touch with us here in the Community if you have other questions about managing your customers' payments. I'm always here to help.