cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **
Solved

Quickbooks desktop changes customer terms every time I change the invoice date. How do I keep it from automatically changing their terms and automatically changing it to the proper due date? Example, Net 30.

Quickbooks desktop changes customer terms every time I change the invoice date. How do I keep it from automatically changing their terms and automatically changing it to the proper due date? Example, Net 30. This customer is Net 30, but when I go to make a new invoice for them the invoice date is still used as the due date, then if I complete the invoice and save it, if I go back to the customer card than the payment terms will be defaulted back to no terms.

Example: 

qbdacc.jpgqbdai.jpg

Best answer 10-24-2018 02:24 PM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Quickbooks desktop changes customer terms every time I change the invoice date. How do I keep...

Good day, Legacy_Brittany.

You've come to the right place for help with invoices. I'd be happy to help give you more information on the payment terms and get you back to your business.

In order to set up your payment terms for invoices, you'll need to turn on this feature in the invoice template settings.

Here's how:

1. Click List on the top menu bar.
  2. On the drop-down list, click Templates.
  3. Double-click the invoice template,
  4. Click Additional Customization at the bottom.
  5. Put a check mark under Screen for Terms.
  6. Hit OK.
  7. Click OK again.

I've attached screenshots to guide you through the steps.

z.pngx.pngc.pngv.pngb.png

You can always get back to me if there's anything else you need. Have a great day!

QuickBooks Team

Re: Quickbooks desktop changes customer terms every time I change the invoice date. How do I keep...

Hi, Legacy_Brittany.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Once you create an invoice copy, you will be prompt to choose if you would like to have this new information to appear on your next invoice. Just click the Yes button.

This way the information will remain when you create a copy of an invoice.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.z.png

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Good day, Legacy_Brittany.

You've come to the right place for help with invoices. I'd be happy to help give you more information on the payment terms and get you back to your business.

In order to set up your payment terms for invoices, you'll need to turn on this feature in the invoice template settings.

Here's how:

1. Click List on the top menu bar.
  2. On the drop-down list, click Templates.
  3. Double-click the invoice template,
  4. Click Additional Customization at the bottom.
  5. Put a check mark under Screen for Terms.
  6. Hit OK.
  7. Click OK again.

I've attached screenshots to guide you through the steps.

z.pngx.pngc.pngv.pngb.png

You can always get back to me if there's anything else you need. Have a great day!

Community Explorer **

That definitely works!

However, if you "create a copy" of an invoice instead of creating a new invoice than it will return the due date to the invoice date and remove the terms from the customer card upon saving the invoice. It's silly to be irritated with it, but its just an unnecessary step to have to do.

QuickBooks Team

Hi, Legacy_Brittany.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Once you create an invoice copy, you will be prompt to choose if you would like to have this new information to appear on your next invoice. Just click the Yes button.

This way the information will remain when you create a copy of an invoice.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.z.png