cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Contributor **

Random extra letters appearing in my invoice address

Hi

I am setting up my invoice template.

Between the town and postcode the two letters 'SR' are appearing. I haven't entered them and they don't show when I check the template design but as soon as I click preview or make an invoice there they are.

Does anyone know what's happening?

12 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Random extra letters appearing in my invoice address

Hello nickwj62,

Thanks for posting in the Community. I'd be glad to help figure out where these letters are coming from in QuickBooks Desktop.

We can review the company information again through the invoice template and check if the two letters are visible on the Address field. We'll be able to see this below the Company & Transaction Information of the Basic Customization screen.

For visual reference, I'm adding the screenshot down below:

If the problem persists when clicking Preview or creating an invoice, you can also try recreating the template. Let's also make sure you have the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop to ensure the program is working in full capacity.

In case you don't know the steps, I'm adding them down below:

1. Click the Help tab at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Go to the Update Now tab.
  4. Put a check mark beside Reset Update.
  5. Click Get Updates.

In case you need the article about updating the release, you can check this for future reference:

Update to the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop.

Please keep in touch with me here on how the template goes. I'm always up to lend a hand.

Community Contributor **

Hi two problems, when I search for the help function, no updates appear?

I don't get that box that you're showing?

Also, this isn't the main account I'm using, its a trial account I've had for a while.

My main user name is [email address removed] and I'm paying for a subscription there. Can we switch to that user and shut down this one?

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hello again, nickwj62.

Thank you for getting back to me here in the Community. I want to assist you further regarding your concern about the template.

However, I need more information to ensure a timely solution. Can you share with me which type and version of QuickBooks you're using? Are you using the Online or Desktop version?

The QuickBooks product attached to your profile here in the Community is QuickBooks Desktop. I recommend editing your main post and add a screenshot of the problem.

Please remember I'm always available here for any concern that you need help. I'll keep an eye out on your response.

Community Contributor **

Community Contributor **

Have supplied a screenshot of the invoice issue.

So you can see my edit on the right with the address normal.

then on the left the pdf preview and suddenly SR has appeared.

Also, as I said i don't know what's happening with the logins. I am a paid subscriber and username is [email address removed]. I am in the UK and using QB desktop.

QuickBooks Team

Hey there, nickwj62.

Allow me to help make sure you'll get the assistance you need concerning the invoice template.

Based on the screenshot you've attached on the thread, you're currently using the online version (QuickBooks Online) which you can access through a supported browser or the Desktop apps. The information and steps from my post above are only applicable for QuickBooks Desktop.

Going back to your concern, the basis for the results are what you enter on the Header of the template. For your visual reference, I'm adding the screenshot I recommend on this:

1.JPG

Since you want to gain access to your account again, you can try resetting your login credentials. You can do it by clicking the link I'm adding below:

https://c43.qbo.intuit.com/qbo43/login?webredir.

2.JPG

I'm looking forward to your response concerning the template and your account as well. Wishing you all the best. 

Community Contributor **

Sorry but this doesn't make sense, I've looked at my subscription details and its described. as QuickBooks Essentials. When I look at upgrading it there is no option for 'desktop' or for that matter 'online'. 

I'm in the UK is there some difference to the US?

To be honest, I'm wasting a lot of time here, all I want to do is submit VAT returns digitally which is now compulsory in the UK.

Can I cancel my subscription, please?

QuickBooks Team

Hi nickwj62

You will not be upgrade from an online Essentials package to a Desktop product however you should be able to upgrade to a plus package.

You can of course cancel from within the product however if there is a specific issue we can assist you with we would be glad to help you.

We would be grateful if you can DM us on Twitter or PM us on Facebook with the email address associated with your QuickBooks account to enable us to assist you further.

Community Contributor **

Can I ask why I can't access the desktop product?

I am happy to put my email address on here if that helps?

I'm happy to carry on but I'm confused about this issue re invoices but I can get around it if necessary I presume by continuing to produce my own invoices manually?

QuickBooks Team

Let me help sort this out, @nickwj62.

I'm here to lend a hand in making sure you're able to utilize the full potential of the QuickBooks Online desktop app in creating an invoice.

I can see in here you're using the QuickBooks Online Desktop app in accessing your account. Since you're having issues creating invoices using the app, let's uninstall and reinstall the app. Depending on the device you're using, here's how to uninstall the app:

Windows 8.1 and 7

1. Go to the Start menu.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Select Programs.
  4. Under Programs and Features, choose Uninstall a program.
  5. Choose QuickBooks Windows app.
  6. Click the Uninstall button.

Mac

1. Drag the QuickBooks Windows app from the Applications folder to the Trash.
  2. To completely remove the app, go to Finder.
  3. Select Empty Trash.

Once completed, let's download and reinstall the app. Simply click the shortcut QuickBooks Online icon on your screen and log in using your username and password.

Stay in touch with us here in the Community if you have other questions about using the QuickBooks Online Desktop app. I'm always here to help.

Community Contributor **

It's ok, one of your colleagues found a fix. It was because i hadnt filled in the county under the address in settings. 

QuickBooks Team

Hello again, nickwj.

I appreciate you for getting back and for letting us know about the fix.

Please know you can also add the county through the Header of the template. You can check the screenshot I've attached above for your visual reference on this:

Just in case you also want to know more about importing custom form styles, I'm also sharing this article:

Import custom form styles for invoices or estimates.

Always remember that I'm here anytime you need any help in the future. Thanks for dropping in and take care.